2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
ceramic tiles are very cold. I wish I hadn't but ceramic tiles in my lean-to as it is now FREEEEEZINGLY cold. Once, I spotted this capillary mat in a gc and asked a staff member how much it was. He told me it's not for sale.

Good idea, Lori. A lot of nurseries put their pots on one such ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning. Does your central heating make noise. Mine sounds horrific, sounds as if some metal banging. Gets me worried every morning and is a better alarm than my mobile.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning Alp, central heating doesn't make a lot of noise. You might have air in the pipes. Have you got a small key to use on the side of the radiator? But be careful some water will come out as well. Have a cloth to hold over the key. Hubby going out early to supermarkets, might be soon. Ours is a lot better since new radiators.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning Alp, central heating doesn't make a lot of noise. You might have air in the pipes. Have you got a small key to use on the side of the radiator? But be careful some water will come out as well. Have a cloth to hold over the key. Hubby going out early to supermarkets, might be soon.

Will talk to my son later. It was BANGING!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Something to look forward to

One tiny snowdrop. Actually there are 2 buds..
SAM_0059.JPG

A green double hellebore
SAM_0060.JPG

A white single
SAM_0058.JPG

A red/pinky single
SAM_0057.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.......only 2 more sleeps until Christmas:p:p!

Nothing left to do now , such a lovely feeling!!

Lovely pics @alp......I have some green Hellebores budding up ....that's if they survive the slugs:(.

Grey and damp out but very warm, so mustn't grumble(y)

Sounds like you should get your heating system checked out @alp , would be terrible if it packed up just as we hit a really cold spell of weather..:cool::confused:...( that is you and your son turning blue with cold.......just wanted to add a bit of drama!:)(y))

Have a Cracking Christmas Countdown weekend everyone!:)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Santa came last night and left a bag of home cooked biscuits and a jar of pickled onions. Just had our names on, didn't say who it was from.
Hubby went out at 6.30 this morning, just to get 3. 4 pt cartons of milk and a loaf of bread. He said Tesco was already busy,they're open 24 hours all the time these days.

Ask a Question