2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Alp that's alright then. We haven't got any room for a bike. I do a lot of walking,he said that's a good idea. It's damp here but very mild.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Umm! Very mild indeed. Son said he heard raining and the fridge has gone quiet. - What a relief! I don't mind buying a new one, but scared that new ones don't last long .. Also £300 down the drain..

I installed something in the laptop and I remembered the youtube tutorial said we should uncheck getting emails, but it was too late. Yesterday morning I spent 15 minutes deleting emails. Then at lunch time, the laptop just switched off itself and son said that it overheated. That was a real fright. This Toshiba is the best I have ever had and cost me £850 6 years ago. Again, it's the reliability that I love.. Thank heavens that it was turned upside down for 3 hours and it switched back to life.

That was quite a fright!:eek::eek::eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I bought more peony seeds, more and more. I just love peonies. Got hold of my tiny Judas trees.. er minuscule.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it's frightening when things like that happen.
I have to delete emails from my phone into the bin. Last week a message on my phone said that i hadn't got any space and it couldn't upload the new versions of the apps. Hubby had to empty the bin. He's useful sometimes that way.;)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
And he you! Don't be so humble! Hehehehehe!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, how are you?

I would be lost without ' computer help'!
I have however got into the daily habit of deleting emails on both my laptop and tablet and I also clear the history storage very regularly too......so I'm gradually learning:D(y)

We are just about to hit town for 'fresh' foods, bet it will be hectic.
Picking up my older sister too as she was planning to bus in and Taxi back out with all her shopping......:eek: wouldn't allow her to do that!!

Awful news about that women who was murdered in an Aldi store yesterday.....only 30 yrs old!,( mind you age isn't a factor)

Well have a Fantastical Friday everyone !:)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, how are you?

I would be lost without ' computer help'!
I have however got into the daily habit of deleting emails on both my laptop and tablet and I also clear the history storage very regularly too......so I'm gradually learning:D(y)

We are just about to hit town for 'fresh' foods, bet it will be hectic.
Picking up my older sister too as she was planning to bus in and Taxi back out with all her shopping......:eek: wouldn't allow her to do that!!

Awful news about that women who was murdered in an Aldi store yesterday.....only 30 yrs old!,( mind you age isn't a factor)

Well have a Fantastical Friday everyone !:)
I' m OK,how are you? We've already got our foods in, just to get a loaf of bread and milk tomorrow morning. Hubby likes to be quick, in and out in no time. That's it all done. Just got to defrost turkey, Sunday make stuffing.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy I will do as you. That day I had over 1000 mails. I just kept deleting them. Very tiring. I want to host my own website on my own pc. I installed the programme before and there was no problem. Today is a crazy day for shopping. I won't be bothered. I will go up the road and get what I can get. Might get some salmon, but freezer is running out of room.

I reckon there will be a lot of fights in the supermarkets. Best avoid. Or go there extremely early.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
2 hours flat in the garden. It was gloriously warm and I had to come in and get rid of my long sleeves. Will go out again. Most of the front has been tidied up. Laminate flooring everywhere as the clay soil has been very slippery.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Fairly quiet in town this morning. Thankfully we only needed a couple of bits that had to be bought nearer the 'big day' and some flowers to put on Mum's grave. Sis had a much bigger shop to do, so we left her to do it and arranged a time to meet up. So mostly a mooching day for us which was quite nice...... watching people madly rushing around.......and feeling relaxed and smug:D:ROFLMAO:(y)

After lunch we called in to see my Dad and younger sister who came down yesterday. We have just got in so all in all we have been out for most of the day......and now that I have sat down with a cuppa I am feeling quite tired for some reason:)

That's what happened to me once @alp, had a huge backlog of old emails and history......hubs and I had to take turns at deleting everything as there were so many. Awful job, so now I ' spring clean' at least once a week :):)(y) A much more manageable chore!!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I often where you've got your energy from. I made a dinner and ended up with such a messy kitchen:eek:. The gas hob doesn't help. Always greasy and never looks glossy. No wonder my friend went for an induction hob.

Going to be a glorious roasted chicken again.

I wonder why that Aldi staff was killed. Very sad and she's young and pretty. Hardly lived. RIP. How sad for the family at this time of the year.

I always delete my emails. In fact, I was so carried away that I have to drag them from the bin so that I can continue.

Suddenly, one days there were over 1000.. :eek::eek: Quite shocking. You're lucky that you've an understudy for deleting emails!:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Been out the whole day cleaning the front. Still not finished. Tomorrow it will be the kitchen and the lean to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Shoveled my way to the bird feeder and greenhouses.

I'm playing with the capillary stuff again. I'm going to see if using dollar store window boxes to hold the water anddsit a ceramic tile, then the mat, then the planter on top. I was going to make troughs out in the greenhouses then realized that I wouldn't be able to easily drain or clean it should the need arise. The one I have on hand has a drainage hole open so I have glued it and am just waiting for that to dry to start the experiments. Using capillary water systems saves about 71% water according to the OSU. The next steps would have to wait for spring. Setting up solar panels to power water pumps to fill the receptacles...I think... I still would like large troughs and I have the rest of the winter to revisit this type of set up. At least on paper ..

Ask a Question