Reaction score
Country
United States
Tennis Anyone?

IMG_0246.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently acquired two eight week old kittens, wild action studded with total collapse. They are starting to get tolerant of being handled and stroked, but equally likely to run straight over you, with sharp little claws. Much better entertainment than the TV, we are not even turning it on most of the time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We have recently acquired two eight week old kittens, wild action studded with total collapse. They are starting to get tolerant of being handled and stroked, but equally likely to run straight over you, with sharp little claws. Much better entertainment than the TV, we are not even turning it on most of the time.
how precious. 19 years ago rescued 7 kittens. had so much fun. They need a nice scratching post, prim it with cat nip, show them what you want them to do , and praise them when the do it. We had so much fun with them. They were so good. placed a few, kept a few . The last one passed on in December.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They need a nice scratching post, prim it with cat nip, show them what you want them to do , and praise them when the do it.
Cat nip is a good idea, they don't seem that interested yet. Lots of play fighting, then they sleep so it looks like one cat with two heads. Far better entertainment than the TV. They need feeding and dirt tray emptying pretty regular and it's good to keep an eye on them, like the missus said "It's like having a baby to look after, except with a baby it's usually where you put it down, these two can be anywhere." :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Cat nip is a good idea, they don't seem that interested yet. Lots of play fighting, then they sleep so it looks like one cat with two heads. Far better entertainment than the TV. They need feeding and dirt tray emptying pretty regular and it's good to keep an eye on them, like the missus said "It's like having a baby to look after, except with a baby it's usually where you put it down, these two can be anywhere." :)
I used a squirt gun, got good at the aim to stop things like climbing drapes, and scratching couches. I know they get everywhere. Did rescue 7 kittens, we structured them. They had "their" room for sleeping at night, then let out to the entire hours during the time I was getting ready for work. I'd call them to "their" room, close the door and go to work. Their room was arranged for safety for them, liter box, and food and water. Then all over again when I got home. Started getting them used to the scratching post quickly, they all did very well. Yes, lots of joy, and laughter. Give them kisses for me.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Give them kisses for me.
No way, I wash my hand when I have just been playing with them and stroking them. Much as I love them they are dirty little litter tray scratchers.
They get the kitchen at night and when we go out, the surfaces are still too high for them. Dreading them reaching the windowsill with my seedlings on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
No way, I wash my hand when I have just been playing with them and stroking them. Much as I love them they are dirty little litter tray scratchers.
They get the kitchen at night and when we go out, the surfaces are still too high for them. Dreading them reaching the windowsill with my seedlings on.
I kept mine off all counter tops and tables, they never did. If one looked like it wanted to jump up, I would slap my hand on the counter top and say no. Don't recall having to do that often at all. After the young rescued got older, the Sunroom became "their" room, it has a closed French doors, and they had a "cat" door to go outside at will, did not need a liter box.

When I started seeds outside--I had some leftover window screening, that I made into a covering for the trays. I actually was more worried about other animals. But, now that I think on it, had some started inside --were not messed with .

Ask a Question