Your Pets

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
They are built exactly the same!
I thought he was a staffie, commonly called a pit bull, but with so much animosity and misunderstanding associated with that name, I use the real term of Staffordshire terrier, and people relax and say "what a great dog!" Loyal, smart, and great with kids. People kept them way back in the 30's as babysitters!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
IMG_2771.JPG
can't go wrong with a rescue like that, Silent!
reminds me of the grandog.

View attachment 29192

Here is a picture of Spike today at 5 months. His tail is shorter than yours but he still has the muscular body like yours.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
better Berry. (from "exposed" to camoflaged! lol.)

nice recovery, Logan! lol

he seems to be saying,"why are you posing me like this?"

seriously, I knew a guy that raised golden's, more of the red cast variety, and I have to say your canines are a good looking lot. very true to the breed and what it was meant to be.
@mg guy thanks,yes we believe that they should look that colour,or they're not really goldies. The breeder we had Berry from they didn't have a dark colour, but he's turned out well.

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
View attachment 29214

Here is a picture of Spike today at 5 months. His tail is shorter than yours but he still has the muscular body like yours.
that pup exudes character!
He will be a great dog to have around-I KNOW you're already attached to him. lol

the grandog is a character herself, she has some interesting, quirky, aspects.
(Like hopping up on the sofa and pushing the cushions around so she can reach the light switch with her nose and flip it on!)

Last edited:

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@mg guy thanks,yes we believe that they should look that colour,or they're not really goldies.

very true.

but my friend who bred them in a more russet color had such magnificent dogs, (large, gentle heads and stout, firm bodies,) that you really could not pause and comment, they were so striking.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
very true.

but my friend who bred them in a more russet color had such magnificent dogs, (large, gentle heads and stout, firm bodies,) that you really could not pause and comment, they were so striking.
That's so true,Barley's farther is very dark red.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Meet Ava my beautiful choc lab. My partner and I got her for our son. He was really ill with steven johnsons syndrome so to aid in his recovery we purchased Ava at eight weeks old. Got him through the depression and what comes with that.
Ava is now a few years old and plays a massive part im my family's life.

Attachments

• IMG_20160903_161245.jpg
    IMG_20160903_161245.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 167
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Well, we don't currently have a dog, but for some reason the good Lord decided we needed four cats. Here are three--Buddy, Sophia, and Timi. Cali is off doing her thing since she is a calico and more unpredictable. We didn't want cats, but now are so glad we have cat greetings each morning, lots of fur to pet, and more help in the gardens than I can deal with!
Kittens 6.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
MaryMary, there are four--one of the gingers is BG, who has gone to live at a neighbor's down the road.
I watered the green beans, garlic, broccoli, bell peppers and Sophia this morning (she is a water baby and just loves to get sprinkled!). Then while picking spinach and lettuce I had supervision--Cali was on the garden table watching to see if I did the picking properly.
Here is Cali, the smallest of the batch, but she is in charge!
Cali 1.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
With cold weather coming on (cold for Texas, everything is relative!) my husband built a kitty shelter for our four outdoor cats. He's an engineer, and a woodworker, so this is one sturdy, insulated, well thought out shelter. As soon as we put it on the patio, the cats started moving in.
Christmas Card.jpg

And yes, that is a Christmas decoration--we plan to use this photo on our veterinarian's Christmas card! She has been through a lot with our four ferals who are not feral at all now.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
marlingardener, I am shocked!! :wideyed: :jawdrop:
I never would have figured you for running a cathouse! :ROFLMAO:
(It's beautiful. :).)

With cold weather coming on (cold for Texas, everything is relative!)

Everything is relative! (y)

After retiring, my parents spent many winters in Texas. My father was always stunned and amazed when he heard the weather forecasters announce that it was getting "cold," and - :eek: that people ought to bring their pets in for the night!! (I was guaranteed a phone call.)

"Bring their pets in!! These people don't know what cold is!!"

"Yes, Dad... Maybe that is the reason." :whistle:

(Silence...) "Well...... dogs have fur!!"

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Ask a Question