45F9077800000578-5048125-image-a-54_1509741329329.jpg

The awwww moment!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
IMG_2731.JPG
This is Spike. I found him a couple of months ago along the side of the road. His brother had been killed by a car and he was guarding the body. He was approximately 12 weeks old at the time and in terrible shape. I took him straight to our veteran and after a couple of days he was fit to come home with me. He was totally wild and I don't believe he had ever been in a house. He is now well behaved and last week our vet made a gentleman out of him. I really didn't need another dog but Spike has turned out to be such a wonderful companion that I think he will stay.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 29180 This is Spike. I found him a couple of months ago along the side of the road. His brother had been killed by a car and he was guarding the body. He was approximately 12 weeks old at the time and in terrible shape. I took him straight to our veteran and after a couple of days he was fit to come home with me. He was totally wild and I don't believe he had ever been in a house. He is now well behaved and last week our vet made a gentleman out of him. I really didn't need another dog but Spike has turned out to be such a wonderful companion that I think he will stay.
That's great news. He looks like a nice dog. Glad that things turned out good for him.

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
View attachment 29180 This is Spike. I found him a couple of months ago along the side of the road. His brother had been killed by a car and he was guarding the body. He was approximately 12 weeks old at the time and in terrible shape. I took him straight to our veteran and after a couple of days he was fit to come home with me. He was totally wild and I don't believe he had ever been in a house. He is now well behaved and last week our vet made a gentleman out of him. I really didn't need another dog but Spike has turned out to be such a wonderful companion that I think he will stay.
can't go wrong with a rescue like that, Silent!
reminds me of the grandog.

DSCF3628.JPG

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This is Berry blending in with the leaves
View attachment 29213
better Berry. (from "exposed" to camoflaged! lol.)

nice recovery, Logan! lol

he seems to be saying,"why are you posing me like this?"

seriously, I knew a guy that raised golden's, more of the red cast variety, and I have to say your canines are a good looking lot. very true to the breed and what it was meant to be.

Last edited:

Ask a Question