Your Pets

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
There are a lot of pros and cons to both - but definitely wait until her growth plates close (about a year) before spaying to give her a chance to use those beneficial growth hormones. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about that! Also, she's ADORABLE!
I am thinking to wait for her first heat, get her through that and get her spayed. That will be a sign that her body is through that stage.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Yes, @Enigma_Hounds , a well trained dog is a delight. So many stories I could tell you of my wonderful boys, Thompson and Kirby, had them separately. Not only did both win obedience titles. But they were expected to be social and correct in the community. Always at heel, in shops, and restaurant decks. And nursing homes. Went to bed and breakfasts, hotels etc. Always a gentleman, quiet and thoughtful. My shop owners would rather Thompson visit with me than anybodies children. After the last one passed, it took two years before people stopped asking about them, as they were always with me. Training a GSD is not only in the backyard but it has to be in the here and now, the moment lesson and the positive reinforcement. I could whisper to them what I wanted. Nether made it to 10 years old, cancer got both. Thompson died at 9 1/2, Kirby at 8. Too hard, hurt too much.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
Netherlands
here's a bunch but not all of them.

the tortoises:
orFO70s.jpg[

YINR5GP.jpg

WBLUuwG.jpg

the geckos:
LAgaI6v.jpg

3fIa8wy.jpg

some arachnids:
BPMh6rm.jpg

K7RPeIG.jpg

MHP5ka6.jpg

LB2ikpV.jpg

and the dog:
nZ8o2F3.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What an interesting collection of critters you have, @Icecold (y) What is the last arachnid? Looks like something I've seen in a Harry Potter film!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh cool! Love all the pets! I have actually reduced my zoo over the last few years. I recently rehomed 2 boas and 2 parakeets to a friend and our tarantula, Julius, died an untimely death in an incident with the house cat at a frat party where he lived with my son :oops:

We have 5 outdoor cats that belong to my children. I have a Lab/Pry mix tht wants to go everywhere in the car with me and her best bud a Commondore/Pyr mix who is afraid of the car. We have lots of poultry that all have names :) I also have a rain water trough/pond with bunches and bunches of various goldfish, a tropical tank in the house, and 2 Dwarf African frogs.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, I've been out of the dog show loop for a while, because I've never even heard of Silken Wolfhounds (not knowing your dogs I would have said something sight-houndy, smooth-collie-y and maybe borzoi-y).

I did a lot of dog 4H (like mock-up dog shows) and fully intended to get into "real" show dogs, but when I hit 19 and aged out of the program, real life kinda took me fore a ride. Suffice to say, me and all my siblings managed to rack up quite the collection of dogs over the years in 4H (so we could all exhibit our own dogs). So we have a lot of very small, fuzzy (but well trained! Obedience champs!!) little dogs. That's 3 shih tzu, a yorkie, two shih tzu x yorkie mixes, and one 3/4 shih tzu x 1/4 yorkie mix. Yes, what you think happened happened. All but 2 were born in our house (I know people disapprove of that, but after my years of experience working with animal people, I've found that you can find someone who disproves of even the most "stringently ethical" animal keepers, so I've chosen to rely solely on my own convictions when it comes to critters)
Anyway that's Jasmine (12, F, shih tzu), P.B. (12, M, yorkie), Sage and Thyme (10, females, shih tzu), Nutmeg (8, F, shih tzu x yorkie), Cashew (7, M, shih tzu x yorkie), and Kitty (1, F ,1/4 yorkie x 3/4 shih tzu).

We've also got 7 parrots. I worked at a bird store that also rescued adult parrots. So I've got 3 older birds just from my years working there... Onyx a 10 year old black headed caique, Tauntaun a 20 year old umbrella cockatoo, and Monk a 8 year old peach faced lovebird. Also in the family is Mika a 26 year old senegal parrot (older than me by a year! pfft... we got her when she was 13), Katana a 9 year old cockatiel, Cayenne an 8 year old sun conure, and Neptune an 8 year old budgie.

There's also a cat and a bunny (I don't like the cat and I don't care for the bunny.. their names are Zuli and Sealy, though).
Oh, and something like 12 chickens... not many are named.

I'll probably bombard you with photos later though, when on my phone (because that's where they all are, haha).

Ask a Question