Your Pets

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20170510_024920.jpg
Max is 14, not keen on the candles but loved the banana cake.
And all tucked up in bed.]
rps20170510_024954.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Bancoora beach Victoria.
Nice quiet back beach.
Very peaceful spot.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It was a long string of unhappy stories, cruelty, and puppy farming, mostly with happy endings, but occasionally not. Quite demanding work, but very very rewarding.
I wish that more people would take on a rescued pet, rather than spend money with some of these unscrupulous breeders. There are rescues all over the UK, and probably in other countries all over the world who do their very best to help animals.

Redbud_Cottage

Avid Anglophile and Aspiring Nurseryman
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/b
Country
United States
IMG_1987.JPG IMG_2132.JPG Rufus.jpg I have an ornery North American Doodlebug. Name is Rufus. Thought she was a boy when I found her living all alone in an overgrown vacant lot as a feral kitten 12 weeks old. Got her fixed/all shots. Healthy girl. Had her 2 years now. Turned into a great indoor/outdoor kitty. More like roommates than pet and owner. She does her thing, I do mine, we take care of each-other. Hates boy kitties-defends the house and yard tooth and nail, literally. Tried making her an indoor only cat, but memories of her feral childhood just simply will not allow her to be content indoors all the time. Rainy days or cold weather-she goes out long enough to do her business, and comes right back in, much like a dog would. Warm weather-she goes out at 7am and comes back in round noon for a quick bite, then back out til around nightfall for supper, cuddles, a good daily brushing, and then sleeps at my feet.
She is my life.

Last edited:

Ask a Question