Your Pets

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
So hubby gets a biscuit and make them lie down and leave it.
Logan your dogs are very pretty. How long will they "leave it" ? Sneaky trick!! :sneaky: :ROFLMAO:

@trashcancarla, he is adorable. :love:

He's going through another lanky phase.
:LOL: Looks like a small colt! You've got a teenager, Beth_B !! ;)

This is Smudge. She's 4 years old as of April 14th. :D

0510041731.jpg

:love: This is Smudge with Little Man. (Sorry, it's blurry. Little Man was just starting to stretch when I snapped it. )

1017041035.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@Logan , its grand you work with your dog on trainings daily. I had two GSD, both of which I got obedience titles for. I would work with them every evening for a good hour. and a good 3 hours on Saturday or Sunday. If I instilled a new action I wanted them to learn, would always end with what they knew. Always praising. A well trained dog is a must to be socially appropriate. My boys would go everywhere with me, hardware stores, nurseries, outdoor cafe's post office, gift shops, B&B, Hotels and nursing homes. Not together, one at a time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan Ouch! Sorry to hear about your knee, sounds painful! Glad to hear the dogs can be persuaded to keep out of your way when needed / bribed :)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Their all amazing. They'll leave it for as long as we like, even leave the room. Used to go obedience training,I would train them all. When we had 5 we'd go twice a week. They were very good at it. Trained them to put a toy in the box, bring it out and drop in the middle of the floor and leave it and come back to me.
all five.jpg

Sadly they're all gone now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
My two boys are in heaven now. miss them still. I miss hugging them. Nothing like a large dog to wrap your arms around. Got so I would just open my arms up and they'd run to them for a hug. We used to play help mommy with the laundry. I'd purposefully drop some socks and get them to pick them up and put it in the basket for me. We would do find it games. hide stuff on the property and then release them from the "wait" sit, and say "find it". off they would go. My last one was a EYE watcher, took me a bit to see what he was doing. He would watch my eyes to see the direction I looked and went that direction . Smart dog.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
My two boys are in heaven now. miss them still. I miss hugging them. Nothing like a large dog to wrap your arms around. Got so I would just open my arms up and they'd run to them for a hug. We used to play help mommy with the laundry. I'd purposefully drop some socks and get them to pick them up and put it in the basket for me. We would do find it games. hide stuff on the property and then release them from the "wait" sit, and say "find it". off they would go. My last one was a EYE watcher, took me a bit to see what he was doing. He would watch my eyes to see the direction I looked and went that direction . Smart dog.
That's great.:):)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Having trouble with Barley not going out again. He'll go through phases, when he looks as if he wants to go, put his lead on and he'll just sit. Take the lead off, try him again then he would go. Trainer say's that Barley thinks that he might miss something if he goes. This morning OH took him out just to have a wee, as always. When it came for his walk,he wouldn't go. Looked like he wanted to go a few minutes later, gets out on the driveway, turns back to come in.
IMG_20130901_064647.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Great shot, @trashcancarla !
You should enter it in the photo of the month, the thread is in the garden photography forum. ;)

@Logan , how old is Barley? Older dogs can get canine Alzheimers.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Beth_b, Barley is 5 years. We've always had trouble with him sometimes. He goes through phases when he thinks he's missing something and he won't go out. Sometimes we have to have 3 goes to go out. I think it's because I can't take him at the moment and he's got into a routine. It happens when anybody comes to visit. Sometimes he'll go out after he's had his food. He's a very complex dog.

Ask a Question