Yay a Gardening Forum

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
I was previously on a gardening Amino, but they have ads on there now making it too slow.

I grew up around Salem, Oregon. Then I recently moved to and from Southern Arizona. I really miss Arizona.
Now I'm back in Oregon... But it's the high desert. As a matter of fact, it's the first day of snow today in September. I was not anticipating so much moving around so I've had to keep throwing away my ideas. Salem was perfect for a lush fairytale-like forest garden. Arizona was perfect for a semi-tropical fruit forest. Now... it's just harsh in central Oregon. I can't do either of those ideas, but I've come up with new ones.

I love the idea of growing native plants and appreciating the native wildlife. I've always kept this in mind. I also like growing my own food. And then the aesthetic aspect, I think Japanese and Chinese gardens are my favorite. In general I'm very much a nature person.

Currently, I keep adding to my large seed collection. I also have some indoor plants.

b1S59zRm.jpg

Today my morning glory bloomed! The plant itself isn't real healthy but at least it got some flowers. I am fascinated and I think I want to continue to get better at growing them indoors.

BDmC7YPm.jpg

Some of the others.

My idea is to have a snow garden. I don't see many examples of it but I notice Japanese gardens look beautiful covered in snow, and wrote down the key things that make it pretty. It wont be an easy one because it seems to rely on structures and mature trees. During the summer I could have a quick garden, maybe some things can last the snow, and I'm sure there's SOME fruit trees I could have. I'll just treasure what I can get.

auntiecindi

My Waffle KITTY !
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Frog, Loved reading your post. I hope you find some plants that you love and work well in Oregon. I grow mostly indoor plants. African Violets, philodendron, Pothos, Christmas Cactus, Arrowhead etc. I see you have a few Cactus . I hope to try growing more Cactus. GOOD LUCK GROWING!!

Ask a Question