GCSE Gardening tool project - please respond!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am creating a product for my GCSE Design and Technology project and I would appreciate if anybody who sees this to help. I am creating a product which stores small hand held garden tools which you can take with you around the garden. After you finish gardening for the day you will then be able to store your product in your shed or in your house. I had a few questions to ask anybody who sees this. You do not need to answer them all but the more you do the more it will help me in my GCSE project!
  1. How often do you garden?
  2. How many tools do you usually use when you garden?
  3. Would you want your product to have a handle to help you carry it around your garden?
  4. Where do you currently store all your garden tools and equipment?
  5. Do you have to keep travelling back and fourth to where you currently store your tools to get a new one or do you carry all your tools and take them with you all at once?
  6. Would a product which helps you transport and store all your garden tools be useful for you?
  7. If you saw this product in your local garden center would you be interested in purchasing it?
If you can answer any or all of these questions I will be very grateful. Thank you for your time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Its eerie that others have come with these same questions. Is there a professor or classroom out there that keeps after this subject on a repetitive basis? I think we resesigned a wheelbarrow last go round. You can literally search the threads and find the answers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Its eerie that others have come with these same questions. Is there a professor or classroom out there that keeps after this subject on a repetitive basis? I think we resesigned a wheelbarrow last go round. You can literally search the threads and find the answers.

Exactly!

I'd say 99% of gardeners have all the "carrying" equipment they need in a wheelbarrow.

No need for anyone to "invent the wheel."
I've also got a sack truck and a big fibreglass 4' X 3' X 3' hopper that sits on a dolly with four big castors. But these are rarely needed.

For the most part I just carry things, or use a big bucket.

Perhaps "Christine on Facebook" could provide more information.

Ask a Question