Yay!!!

Reaction score
Just went to a local green house and bought Viola, a Butterfly bush, and some other vegetable plants!
The guy at the green house said that the Viola is an annual but I read that it's a perennial!o_O Witch is it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You are right, viola is a perennial :)

Jed

Reaction score
Violas are a great flower for baskets with the many colours that are available. I made baskets both ratan and wooden type trug baskets for sale at markets. Planted out with violas they sold very well. Easy plant to keep alive and a good one for buying as a gift.
These were the style I made though not my photo.
images

Reaction score
The kinds I have are: Sorbet XP Beaconberry Mix, Sorbet Midnight Glow, Sorbet XP Marina, and Sorbet Lemon Chiffon. Are those perennials?

Reaction score
Violas are often grown as annuals because, as the plants get older, they lose the compact rounded look that landscapers tend to like. But if you like plants as they are naturally you will have no problem growing violas as a perennial. We never have at my house. By the way, as far as I know, the same is true of other plants in the viola family -- johnny-jump-ups, pansies, and violets.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lucky you:D . It's such a pleasant activity to buy new plants, I love doing it. It's exciting. Both Viola and Butterfly bush are gorgeous plants, I'm sure that they'll look beautiful in your garden.

Reaction score
Don't worry, sometimes the people at greenhouses don't know what they are talking about :p If you are sure that it is the plant that you searched up, then it should be a perennial. And if I'm wrong, well then you'll find out next year ;)

Reaction score
Violas are perrenials, and so beautiful. Someone at that greenhouse needs to have a refresher course. Haha. Violas can be grown indoors as well as outside. Violas are super easy to care for. Have fun!

Ask a Question