Winter short days & long nights.

Reaction score
Country
France
The winter days here in France really do make us feel that little bit stiffer, As you do any outside task the body feels the cold more than it did when we we're young and daft enough to wear thin clothing and keep up with the fashion of the day (Hipsters) "Remember them?" You dare not bend down or else !!!! You we're in competition with to days builders showing off more than was polite to show off, But now the older you get the more you want the warmth of the wood burner, Even as i return home with my best friend after our morning walk and i look at the smoke just flowing out of the chimney pot and close the gate and come inside to the sight of the wood burner glowing as the logs burn, is a lovely feeling, Plus within minutes the kettle's on and a nice cuppa,
Yes the winter has it's good side and i think the long cold evenings are just perfect for catching up on the reading /plans to be made for the future gardening projects,

Ask a Question