Window farming

Reaction score
I've found some interesting pictures too so I want to share. It's wonderful how many lovely gardening related things you can do with regular, empty bottles:

100_2912.jpg

how-to-build-a-window-farm.jpg
Those window gardens are beautiful. Too bad I don't have a kitchen window. I live in one one those 1960s' Miami buildings, so I have a glass jalousie window in my kitchen door and that's where the natural light in the kitchen comes from. The best I can do is hang a plant in front of the kitchen door, since I don't use that exit too often.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Why limit yourself to the kitchen? I've grown herbs in the laundry room, guest bedroom, and I'd even put them in the living room if necessary. Granted, my indoor herbs didn't have the grace and beauty of the hanging gardens pictured here, but they sure tasted good!

Reaction score
Wow.....That is freaking awesome. That gives me just the idea to grow plants in the Winter, I usually don't plant anything in the winter but with that setup I will be able to. Thank you for giving me the idea to do such, you have saved my life. I have a lot of old plastic bottles for the job too.

Ask a Question