Will These Fill In After Crazy Trimming?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hello All!

To install a retractable patio screen, I had to cut back a row of hedges along a patio that were growing past the edge of the patio. I trimmed as little as possible and wonder if these will get new foliage to fill in the gaps. (Photos attached)

Also, do you know the name of these bushes?

Thanks For Helping!
Paul

PS: Please pardon the dirty & cracked stones. It's on the spring to-do list. The looong list....

Attachments

• Wide View.JPG
    Wide View.JPG
    263.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Close View.JPG
    Close View.JPG
    297.2 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
If the stems are still alive then it's possible they may re-shoot. I think it's Taxus Baccata (Yew). All parts of it are very poisonous if eaten, so please be careful if you have children.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thank You Sheal for taking time to reply & for the information about the plants. Thanks, too, for the toxicity warning.
I think the bare branches are alive because there is foliage growing at the ends of each.

I suppose it'll be a wait and find out kind of thing.

Thanks Again & Please Enjoy Today!
Paul

Reaction score
Country
United States
Try the app "Picture This". It sure helped me ID the plants around my house when I bought it. Are you sure you want them crowding back against the new screen structure?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thanks Clint62 for the app. It's fun.
For crowding, the plan was to trim them flush with the edge of the patio (about 3" from the screen) as they fill in- if they fill in.
Thanks Again,
Paul

Ask a Question