Why Women Love Roses

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love Roses for the aroma. The different colors the roses come in is always a beautiful sight. I once had a bush that had only one flower that was white with red on the edges. That was a beautiful plant when it bloomed.

Reaction score
Zigs - Its a bit late for me then, as we've already had some pretty heavy frosts already, but will definitely have a go next year - on the understanding of course - that you say the flavor is lovely.:D

Don't mean to sound dense, but what are Russian Field Fares, because they're obviously not what I thought they were, if you can get Field Fare 'tummy' from them :confused:

Reaction score
I once had a rose bush named BLUE MOON. It bloomed with a color of white with a blue/purple hint of color on the petals.
The scent it produced was magnificent.

I have never seen them in anyone's garden.

But when I had it, it attracted plenty of conversation starters.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I once had a rose bush named BLUE MOON. It bloomed with a color of white with a blue/purple hint of color on the petals.
The scent it produced was magnificent.

I have never seen them in anyone's garden.

But when I had it, it attracted plenty of conversation starters.
I've never seen Blue Moon variety, it must be very rare. It sounds so interesting! Did you take pictures of your rose? I would love to see it. I tried to google it, but I found only pictures of pink flowers. Roses are my favorite plants, so I want to learn as much as possible about them:)

Reaction score
Claudine - The Hybrid Tea Rose ' blue moon' is magnificent, my grandfather used to grow prize winning roses and 'blue moon' was one of his favorites and I will always remember it , because it was extremely fragrant and has one of the most beautiful scents imaginable, but Charahome is right, its not often seen in peoples gardens because not only is it fairly rare but also quite expensive to buy.

The flower of 'blue moon' is not blue as you would expect but more of a lilac blue, and as you were disappointed when you couldn't find any pictures of it - have included some of what a true Hybrid Tea ' blue moon' rose looks like, for you to enjoy

rose blue moon.jpg

rose blue moon 1.jpg

Rosa-Blue-Moon.jpg

There is also a climbing 'blue moon' available, but haven't been able to find any pictures of that at all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's such a gorgeous rose! I like how subtle its color is. I think that it's one of the prettiest varieties I've ever seen. Definitely it's the most unique one:) If it's very fragrant, it's even better, I love all rose scents. Smelling roses always makes me happy!:D
I'm glad it's not blue. Lilac blue is so much prettier!

Reaction score
It's such a gorgeous rose! I like how subtle its color is. I think that it's one of the prettiest varieties I've ever seen. Definitely it's the most unique one:) If it's very fragrant, it's even better, I love all rose scents. Smelling roses always makes me happy!:D
I'm glad it's not blue. Lilac blue is so much prettier!

Thought you might be very relieved to find out that 'blue moon' wasn't actually blue, particularly as I know that blue is not one of your favorite colors :D
This beautiful rose is definitely unique, not only for its flower color but is said to have the most exquisite of all rose fragrances and from what I can remember it does, so I do hope, that one day you actually get to see one and enjoy smelling the truly exquisite scent for yourself, as I think that this one would make you very, very happy :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Zigs - Its a bit late for me then, as we've already had some pretty heavy frosts already, but will definitely have a go next year - on the understanding of course - that you say the flavor is lovely.:D

Don't mean to sound dense, but what are Russian Field Fares, because they're obviously not what I thought they were, if you can get Field Fare 'tummy' from them :confused:

A type of Thrush, they come over here in the winter to eat everything, saw a load in the orchards today :)

Reaction score
I've never seen Blue Moon variety, it must be very rare. It sounds so interesting! Did you take pictures of your rose? I would love to see it. I tried to google it, but I found only pictures of pink flowers. Roses are my favorite plants, so I want to learn as much as possible about them:)

Yes they are very rare, I was very fortunate to find one from a local garden in FL, years ago. It bloomed the most beautiful roses, you can imagine.

the pictures that Gata montes shared are beautiful.
The one that I had had a lot more white, but the top picture resembles it the most.

If you ever find one. get it and cherish it. It is worth every bit of it to own one.

Reaction score
I love roses and it makes me so happy when I receive one as a gift from my boyfriend. He knows I love flowers. I'm happy that he knows because now I get roses or tulips for almost every holiday and Christmas. :) It makes my day.

Reaction score
Claudine - The Hybrid Tea Rose ' blue moon' is magnificent, my grandfather used to grow prize winning roses and 'blue moon' was one of his favorites and I will always remember it , because it was extremely fragrant and has one of the most beautiful scents imaginable, but Charahome is right, its not often seen in peoples gardens because not only is it fairly rare but also quite expensive to buy.

The flower of 'blue moon' is not blue as you would expect but more of a lilac blue, and as you were disappointed when you couldn't find any pictures of it - have included some of what a true Hybrid Tea ' blue moon' rose looks like, for you to enjoy

View attachment 1422

View attachment 1419

View attachment 1421

There is also a climbing 'blue moon' available, but haven't been able to find any pictures of that at all.

Oh my gosh, these are soooo beautiful. I love the close up pictures. They really show their beauty. They look so delicate and fragile. Truly gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing these pictures!

Reaction score
Women love roses, because they are always associated with romance and love. Buying a single red rose definitely indicates your love for somebody! Aside from the beautiful fragrance and vibrant colour, roses are also delicate and beautiful in every way! You can never go wrong buying a woman roses! Friends and family may choose white, pink or yellow as a gift instead.

I agree with you. Roses are one of the most beautiful and fragrant flowers in the world.
My husband just bought me a single rose the other day. What a wonderful way to brighten up a dreary winter day!

Reaction score
I love roses because my dad used to grow them in our yard when we lived in South Carolina. They were so beautiful. When I was little I would go and smell them. I adore the smell of roses! I don't see how people think that it's such a cliché to get a rose or how it is so cliché to have the rose as your favorite flower. I don't really care. I think they're amazing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I have roses in my garden but as for cut roses my hubby knows I prefer Orchids as orchids last cut Flowers don't.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing those instructions, I do have a question though. Lots of people say that when you cook vegetables, you destroy all the vitamin C from the heat. How is the vitamin C in rosehips different so that it does not get destroyed when it is cooked like this? Obviously it must not be if this prevented scurvy, I just don't understand.

Ask a Question