Why I love Oregano in the garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This is why I love having oregano in the garden, I interplant oregano in a lot of my beds, Bees everywhere, I literally walk through the oregano brushing up against the bees and they could care less.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We have oregano in our garden, also. It is Mexican Oregano--better able to withstand our heat and drought. I've seen lots of pollinators on it; keep it clipped close to harvest for drying, freezing, or making oregano butter; and take cuttings to root for gardening friends.
Oregano is a great herb for culinary, gardening, and visual uses!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
that sounds interesting will check it out. as @SQWIB , you live in the same area I do. so maybe next year will think about it. this years projects are moving lots of too big shrubs to vacant places. then of course the leaves start coming down.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Wow, did not know this----------always glad to learn something. Oregano is a perennial herb with rose-purple or white flowers and a taste reminiscent of thyme. Here's how to grow oregano plants in your garden—plus, delicious recipes using oregano. Oregano's taste is zesty and strong and is commonly used in Italian dishes. It is a hardy plant and makes for a good ground cove

is it for direct sun? or can it take some shade?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My oregano comes back year after year, and I have even found it growing in another spot far from where I planted it. I don't mind. I love seeing it. Wish I had as much luck with marjoram.

Ask a Question