White crepe myrtle with red leaves?

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi!

I bought and planted a white crepe myrtle earlier this year and to my delight it is starting to come alive. However, the leaves are red and I read that only the varieties with coloured flowers have red tinges to new leaves. I very specifically wanted a white crepe - have I been sold a different colour by mistake? I´d rather know sooner rather than later so I can contact the nursery I bought it from and hopefully get a replacement. It has to be white or my whole garden will look off.

On a slide note - is that kind of dry moss on the bark anything to worry about? Should I remove it?

Thanks so much!
Gemma

Attachments

• Buds.jpeg
    Buds.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Gemma :) I'm not sure about the colour, but more importantly, it would be a good idea to double check what that is on the bark. This plant is prone to bark scale, so if on closer observation you see scale insects like this - it would be wise to deal with them as soon as you can.
1712350403646.png
1712350489446.png

Ask a Question