Where do you get yours?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I buy them in a supermarket or in a local store. But, to be honest, I rarely buy seeds. Usually, I get them from my friends, neighbours or family members.

Reaction score
I never use seeds, for some reason they have never worked out for me! Specially the flower ones, but I've managed to succesfully grow cucumbers out of seeds and even harvest them :D I got those from a specialized market.

Reaction score
I love to get the seed catalogs in the mail, they do brighten up the mood when winter is at its most dreary. Vegetable seeds I buy locally, if I want to try something more exotic I go through the catalogs. Perennials I buy locally, a nearby farm sells small plants for only a few dollars. All of my annual flowers I buy as plants because I want to get things blooming as soon as possible. Really, my plants come from a mixed bag of places - including friends - its all a part of the joy of gardening!

Reaction score
I get them from friends (we trade) at garden stores or in the hardware stores. I save many of my own, but I had a room mate for a time who ordered so many from catalogues and I still have them. Years later and they are still good and producing.

Reaction score
I get seeds from stores such as Walmart or Dollar General or Lowes. I also order them via gardening seed sales books. I do try to collect seeds from my plants as well. Sometimes that works and sometimes it does not.

Reaction score
I try to collect seeds from my plants. If I am out and about and I see something that is producing seeds, I try to snatch them too. When I walk in town, they have huge flowerbeds at the end of the walkway. They usually have pretty nice flowers growing there and I have grabbed seeds there many a time. Hopefully, this is not illegal! I buy seeds from the local seed store or places like Lowes and Walmart. I have bad luck with Walmart seeds, though, so I try to use them as a last resort.

Reaction score
I get a lot of my seeds from my plants and then just store them so I can plant them in the spring. Sometimes, I get a little antsy for plants so I will buy a few at a greenhouse or farmers market so I can have something until my seeds grow.

Reaction score
I don't start from seeds often, I buy from the store when I do. My dad used to save zinnia seeds from plants that he got in Holland so I will save something like that. I'm just as sentimental as he was.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I, too, don't start too many plants from seeds. I buy them from garden centers when I do. I've had pretty good luck with them.
I like to buy the plants from garden centers. It's easier to grow them from plants than to start them from seed.

Reaction score
I buy seeds from Walmart and other places, but I never have any luck with them. I'm not sure if it's where I buy them from or just me.

I prefer to buy plants already started.

Ask a Question