What's this ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a/3b
Country
Canada
IMG_0436.JPG
Last summer we worked hard at overseeding and fertilizing a lawn that was only weeds before.
We can't figure out what this weed is. It's a Bunch of one leaf weeds?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I can see plenty of violets for a start, and I wonder if the ''one leaf'' jobs might be tree seedlings. What trees are there nearby? Earlier this spring I saw a huge number of tree seedlings in my grass - far more than I`ve seen in 30 years. It was as if the trees felt they might be endangered, and were doing their best to provide a new generation. Regular mowing has dashed their hopes however...;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a/3b
Country
Canada
Well I can see plenty of violets for a start, and I wonder if the ''one leaf'' jobs might be tree seedlings. What trees are there nearby? Earlier this spring I saw a huge number of tree seedlings in my grass - far more than I`ve seen in 30 years. It was as if the trees felt they might be endangered, and were doing their best to provide a new generation. Regular mowing has dashed their hopes however...;)

Nearby is a lilac, and some spruce ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No, it's not either of those. Actually, thinking about it I don't know of many trees that are monocots.... I wonder if you have any form of corn or wheat growing nearby? I think all grasses are monocots. What do they look like now? They must have grown some more. :confused:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

Ask a Question