whats the worst tools you've bought?

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

We offten hear about the latest tools and how fantastic they are ???? (Or so the makers say)
But what about those tools that just are a complete waste of time & money,?
The ones every car boot/ Junk yard sales seem to be full of !!!!!! And you see the same items time & time again.

Whats your worst buy and why?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
A bulb planting thing which bent the first time I pushed it into the soil.
Half a dozen trowels which snapped the instant any pressure was put on them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
A602D678-78D0-4DFC-B2BB-50DBFA4D7F9F.jpeg

This piece of junk. It is supposed to produce perfect wood joints. It has all the wood working precision of an intoxicated beaver. Beware: it is a sponsor on a lot of internet sites.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Good question.

Years ago having watched Ideal World shopping channel we were foolish enough to dispose of our Hoover upright Junior vac and buy a new all singing all dancing upright vac that was supposed to be brilliant with its filter system. Yes it worked fine until it needed emptying; what a nightmare with all the filters ending up in a dust cloud making it far worse than the old Hoover. We now have another old Hoover Junior. Modern technology gone mad. Also on Ideal World I bought Black Magic paint; the online demonstration showed a large plastic drinks bottle painted with this and the guy was twisting and bending the bottle without the paint coming off; I think the bottle was made specially from black plastic because this paint didn't last on our kitchen sink and washing machine outlet pipes.

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/black-magic-1-litre-409522

You definitely don't like the router bit Doug; I remember when you first bought it and the hassle and frustration you suffered; you won't buy another anytime soon. :cry:

Kind regards, Colin.

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi,

Good question.

Years ago having watched Ideal World shopping channel we were foolish enough to dispose of our Hoover upright Junior vac and buy a new all singing all dancing upright vac that was supposed to be brilliant with its filter system. Yes it worked fine until it needed emptying; what a nightmare with all the filters ending up in a dust cloud making it far worse than the old Hoover. We now have another old Hoover Junior. Modern technology gone mad. Also on Ideal World I bought Black Magic paint; the online demonstration showed a large plastic drinks bottle painted with this and the guy was twisting and bending the bottle without the paint coming off; I think the bottle was made specially from black plastic because this paint didn't last on our kitchen sink and washing machine outlet pipes.

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/black-magic-1-litre-409522

You definitely don't like the router bit Doug; I remember when you first bought it and the hassle and frustration you suffered; you won't buy another anytime soon. :cry:

Kind regards, Colin.
Hi Colin,
Really interesting ref the vacuum cleaner and the paint,
As you know we now live here in france and the french are well known for thinking anything old is "ANTIQUE"
Well the first year we arrived we went to one of the BRICANTE'S (Street markets to you and me or car boot sales)

As we entered this Bricante we we're told just park here "right at the start of the rue (street) that all these stalls had been set up waiting for the public,
I noticed this french lady taking a lot of interest in our car and its number plate (english registered at the time) and then she ran up to me holding this rather old but modern looking iron frying pan saying in her broken english, look look this is an ANTIQUE, very, very, old and much used !!!!!!
Well it was not very very old but the dried up fat stuck to the inside was Antique,

So Colin your not alone when it comes to falling for the sales patter,

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi
If your still thinking of using a bulb planter have a think of getting yourself one of thode post hole borer's,
you can get verious sizes and these will do the job and last for years;

Ask a Question