What's looking good in September 2015

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
We are expecting a lot of rain on this month. I am planning to plant many trees and flowers to make my compound beautiful. Roses are really beautiful. I don't know why am usually attracted to red flower, maybe because they shine from far.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Why do you grow so much in pots and tubs please Chanell? Is it just preference or soil issues etc.?

It's a question of convenience. Things are easier to move around when you have to; you can control how much water each container gets, you don't have to worry about planting x next to z in the soil, you don't have to worry about this thing likes acid or alkaline, etc. The biggest thing is the moving.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
We are expecting a lot of rain on this month. I am planning to plant many trees and flowers to make my compound beautiful. Roses are really beautiful. I don't know why am usually attracted to red flower, maybe because they shine from far.
They do too sixxup, I agree! :).....couldn't find a red face. Plus a red flower is very striking and warm.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It's a question of convenience. Things are easier to move around when you have to; you can control how much water each container gets, you don't have to worry about planting x next to z in the soil, you don't have to worry about this thing likes acid or alkaline, etc. The biggest thing is the moving.

Wherever possible I plant directly into my garden and use very few pots but that may be due to the difference in our climates. As with most gardeners in Britain, we tend to have plants that suit the soil we have and on the rare occasion we need to water the beds, a hose pipe and sprinkler are close to hand. It must take you quite a while to water pots?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Wherever possible I plant directly into my garden and ...It must take you quite a while to water pots?

I does now, lol! I used to just have a few pots outside my door - I don't own a home so I've never planted an in-ground garden.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
View attachment 8878
MANGO.jpg
View attachment 8878 After the storm comes the calm, after the calm comes the sunshine. That is what one sees in our garden. We had a mini tornado in July which chopped off many of our trees some right down to their stump. apart from ofcourse the uprooting of some. These chopped off trees have now come to life in all their splendour.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
View attachment 8878 View attachment 8880

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
View attachment 8878 View attachment 8881 View attachment 8878 After the storm comes the calm, after the calm comes the sunshine. That is what one sees in our garden. We had a mini tornado in July which chopped off many of our trees some right down to their stump. apart from ofcourse the uprooting of some. These chopped off trees have now come to life in all their splendour.

View attachment 8870 View attachment 8871 View attachment 8872 View attachment 8873 View attachment 8874 View attachment 8878 View attachment 8880
That's amazing Grouie. Isn't Mother Nature wonderful?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Took this yesterday:

View attachment 8763

The tub on the bottom left has squash, cucumber, and chives; the one to the right of it has creole tomatoes, basil, marigold, and petunia. Just above the cucumber on the left is comfrey; the container to the right of that has a husky cherry tomato, basil, and petunia. At the top left is yellow pear tomato, roma, marigold, eggplant, and basil. To the right of that is eggplant, tarragon, and petunia. That pink container way in the background is the arctic kiwi.
That's plenty of vegetables out there. I shall soon be there, hopefully:)

Reaction score
I have a tulip!!!View attachment 8795 And another on the way!!!! Note my guardian bunny angels watching over them.

Amazing tulip! I'll be very soon living in the land of tulips :) If you ever come here you should take a look at our tulip expos, we have some of the most interesting tulip varieties. i might soon post some pictures I took last year! Some really interesting looking tulips.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Zigs - Dead Cat Rosebush looks more than beautiful, but I feel very sorry for the poor cat;)
Trellum - I'd love to see those pictures! Please post them:) Tulips are gorgeous, gorgeous flowers:D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cat doesn't know about it now he's pushing up Roses :)

Good job we didn't plant a rose on the dead hamster...

A man went to a taxidermy to see about having his recently deceased hamster stuffed. The man working there said that if he fancied, he would, for free, turn the hamster into jam which by recommendation is supposed to taste delicious. The man is unsure but eventually gives into the temptation as that way the hamster will be with him forever.

The next day, the man picks up the jar of hamster jam and goes home. He spreads in on some toast and after tasting it, nearly throws up. The man found it revolting. Instead, he tipped the jam out onto his garden as it felt a representative for ashes.

The next day, the man wakes up and has got a garden full of roses. The man then goes to the taxidermy and he explains about how the jam made a bed full of roses. The taxidermist, with a confused look on his face says:

"Oh, that's funny, I thought you only got tulips from hamster jam."

Ask a Question