WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN MAY 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
IMG_20180513_170536572_HDR.jpg

Stargazers are a little behind. Maybe another week.

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
DSCF4313.JPG
great pics, everyone!

spring was slow to arrive, bounced right into summer, and the plant world was a little confused this year.

My 'Hyde Hall' clematis has bloomed in it's second season, and the dark hosta, 'empress Wu', is living up to it's reputation.

DSCF4316.JPG

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

There were four of them, and they all flew the nest the day after I took the picture. :) My neighbor told me that the last one didn't want to go, it just stood on the edge of the nest, flapping its wings. She said the mother "sat there and talked to it for a half an hour," and it finally took flight. :ROFLMAO:

Edited to add - I love that fuzzy "hair" on their heads! :D :love:

Last edited:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
There were four of them, and they all flew the nest the day after I took the picture. :) My neighbor told me that the last one didn't want to go, it just stood on the edge of the nest, flapping its wings. She said the mother "sat there and talked to it for a half an hour," and it finally took flight. :ROFLMAO:

Edited to add - I love that fuzzy "hair" on their heads! :D :love:

When I was a kid, i opened the door and found a little yellow sparrow on the door mat.

He said "tweet" and hopped in.

Never flew and never had a cage, he just hopped about the house saying tweet.

He would perch on my finger and climb up onto furniture and glide down ...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
When I was a kid

When I was a kid, I was sitting on a tree. A small raven chick came up to me. I took it in my hands and brought it home, to grandma's country house. I did not know that in an hour a huge flock of screaming crows would surround our house. Grandmother wanted to leave the house, but the crows began to fly over her with a loud scream. She was frightened. Then I took the small raven and carried it back. Crows did not attack me. They just flew over us. Perhaps they realized that I looked like their chicks, just as stupid. :)

What are those fuzzy looking purple tulips at the bottom of post # 48?

This is a Pulsatilla.
Here it is also called sleep-grass.
Because old legends say that sleep - the grass helps to see dreams that show the future. :)

4.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

5.jpg

10.jpg

16.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
My flower garden seems to be doing great! I startex from scratch after removing what was there before. I have creeping thyme, daisies, peonies, lavender, creeping speedwell Georgia Blue, Veronica, climbing hydrangea and dianthus!

I'm getting 2 raised beds built in june and will do some lettuce, carrots, green beans things like that!

Attachments

• 0515181337_Film1.jpg
    0515181337_Film1.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 201

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That'll be a Tree Peony then. :)

That could be a Paeonia lutea var. ludlowii. I was trying to kill it. But no, it kept staring at me. In the end, I put it in a big pot and am now keeping it and have chopped up some bits and put them up in new pots.
lutea1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
These tree azalea we got from T & M flowered from the "get go" in 2016 and in 2017 and have done so again this year.

P1010540.JPG

P1010541.JPG

This sorbus has an unbelievable amount of blossom heads this year. The autumn before last I pruned off all the berries as in the previous year the fat wood pigeons were alighting on and breaking the branches to get at the berries. So last year we got very few flowers. But as the tree is a lot stronger now, I let it get on with it.

P1010537.JPG

This wisteria deserves a prize for being the best behaved in our garden.Every branch is "where we put it."

P1010544.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question