Country
United States
0419171538.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Daren @Sheal @Upsy Daisy @MaryMary I asked @Ian to revive a thread from 2016 "Best Way to Keep Slugs Out of the Garden". There were complexities involved in moving the conversations here to there, but i would love to hear how your experiments work out so we can continue the Slug conversation that has been started here at

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/best-way-to-keep-slugs-out-of-garden.7082/

in the Pests and Diseases forum. I asked for this thread because i remember it as being 2 pages full of good ideas already

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@MaryMary what tree is that? It looks like something fragrant?
Beverly, I have no idea what it is. :oops: I liked the way the dark branches looked with the light behind them, so I took a picture. I think it's an apple tree of some sort, but I'm not sure enough to tell you with any degree of certainty. I didn't notice a strong fragrance, though.

I found it when I went to see what the creek looked like, I figured the trees would be greening by now. They are, just not enough to really show in the photo. I love it in the spring when the trees have just enough leaves to have a hazy green look. :love: Next week I'll try again.

0419171802aCreek.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@MaryMary, Ah, there is your wonderful creek again, looking good. I was thinking some kind of fruit tree and apple did come to mind but it looks so big and too full of limbs...maybe a crab apple?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:) @Beverly, I know you love that creek!! I was hoping to get a winter shot (snow on the limbs, creek iced over) to add to the "What is your view?" thread for you, but we didn't really have winter here this year. :confused:

Yes, I do think it is a crab apple! (y) I've always thought they only had pink blossoms, but I just image-searched, and that is what it is!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Here are a few photos from my garden taken the other week during a sunny spell - just got around looking at them!

Ladybird on a pyracantha:
DSC_0003.JPG

New growth on buxus:
DSC_0007.JPG

Camelias!
DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

The name of this one has left my brain... it'll come to me:
DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

Sunlight through the Photinia:
DSC_0026.JPG