JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I added two new native White Cedar trees yesterday. Put one in the front yard and one in the back near my garden area. I believe the smaller tree in my native garden is the same kind, but unfortunately, I don't know for sure. I didn't care what plants were back then, and I wasn't able to find the tag.

IMG_7119 copy.jpg

Reaction score
I added two new native White Cedar trees yesterday. Put one in the front yard and one in the back near my garden area. I believe the smaller tree in my native garden is the same kind, but unfortunately, I don't know for sure. I didn't care what plants were back then, and I wasn't able to find the tag.

View attachment 12394

Nice picture! Did you use tilt-shift effect? It look like out of focus on the sides making it looking like a small playground :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nice picture! Did you use tilt-shift effect? It look like out of focus on the sides making it looking like a small playground :)

I add blur in post-production. No one wants to see my neighbor's ugly garage clearly! :LOL: I always try to add a slight blur to buildings and structures in the background so the focus is on the garden area. (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
This was in profuse blooming nearly 3 weeks ago. The open at around 5 in the evening and stay open only for about 3 hours. I think each flower will do it for 2-3 days - have not observed closely though for a precise piece of information. It'd be dark by the time it closes and I forget to do that. This is Eleutherine plicata plant. The bulbs are narrowish and reddish purple. Last year I lost many bulbs to the rats that seemed to relish this. I used to get shocked when I saw the bulbs being dug up. Later I carefully saved the bulbs and rested them in. I replanted them late last season and I did not water regularly for the winter months. It started blooming in April.

Attachments

• P1490114.JPG
    P1490114.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 336

Ask a Question