What's looking good in April 2017

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
@roadrunner Beautiful greens and colours!! 11-ft. tall sunflower!! Very tall! Have you staked it? Banana too, nice. Mirabilis plants... there must be hundreds of volunteer plants! They seed so profusely.
No, I have not staked it and the seeds are starting to form, so I am curious how much it will weigh it down. That's the bad thing about large sunflowers, they look good for a few days then they start drooping. I cut the heads (and leaves) off as soon as the seeds are ripe; I allow the stem to stay and use it for supporting things and the wild life uses them for perching on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
i'm just veg and wildflowers department :D
Veg and wildflowers is an enormous department. I hope you have an under secretary of Veg and wildflowers to help you out :) I ask because i am curious and like to know the names of things and also to know if it is something that will grow in my climate although i'm not sure where i would put it if it did.:oops:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Veg and wildflowers is an enormous department. I hope you have an under secretary of Veg and wildflowers to help you out :) I ask because i am curious and like to know the names of things and also to know if it is something that will grow in my climate although i'm not sure where i would put it if it did.:oops:

Nah, not that big. We only live on a small island :D

Been learning since 1970 when a lovely Scottish lady sent me a book after meeting me on holiday in Palestine :)
DSCI0007 (3).JPG

Still read the book, but being 7 at the time I never got around to writing back to her to thank her :(

She'll be long dead now and would never have known how much it meant to me :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@zigs If she gave this book to you, it means that you caused her warm and kind feelings. The book is the answer.
Kind deeds are like a boomerang. She helped you, you helped someone else.
So we become kinder and more attentive to others. :)

The name of this one has left my brain... it'll come to me:

This is one of the types of Tiarella. :)

Wonderful photos at all!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@zigs If she gave this book to you, it means that you caused her warm and kind feelings. The book is the answer.
Kind deeds are like a boomerang. She helped you, you helped someone else.
So we become kinder and more attentive to others. :)

That made me cry Larisa :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@zigs i agree with Larisa only in different words. It was not necessary for this lady to hear from you. Such gifts do not have requirements attached to them other than accepting the gift. She knew you would keep the book and she knew that you might forget about it for awhile and maybe lose it, but that you would remember the book one day and it would possibly be significant to you in some way. She did not gift it to you to be remembered or thanked, she gifted it to you to make a memory and opportunity for a young person and that made her happy, and it was enough. I know this from the receiving point of view and from the giving point of view. And i know that making a happy memory for a child is what is important. It goes way beyond a thank you note. I don't "know" many things, but i "know" this.

I liked the videos:love: Also at 54 you are not old, you are barely out of puberty:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ask a Question