Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
P1030651.JPG
P1030649.JPG
P1030680.JPG
P1030673.JPG
more basket ideas I been working on and starting to get a bit more colour in the garden:)
P1030673.JPG
P1030680.JPG

Last edited:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I couldn't resist Little Man and just commented on him in a totally unrelated post. I'm sure i couldn't get my Polly, Pollyanna or unfortunately Pissy Polly :confused:for a while but now perfectly trained thank heavens:)(y) so now Perfect Polly, to sit still for a photo shoot like that.View attachment 18625loves a cubby

Other side of the World and you got the same laundry bag as me :D

Some more Celandines with Dog's Dickie leaves poking thru :)
DSCI0002 (4).JPG

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Found these pretty little flowers walking in the woods yesterday. I have no idea what they are, except pretty. :) I think I like them as much for the leaves as the flowers! :LOL:

0407171948W.jpg

0407171949w.jpg

Still don't care for the bush, but the flowers are pretty
@vette-kid, I think it's a shame to have a plant in your yard that you don't like. :( I also know how many pollinators love that plant, so I want you to keep it. :cautious: :LOL: I've done a little reading about pruning a lantana, and I found this:
Tackle pruning lantana several times throughout the growing season. In regions where lantana is winter hardy, shearing plants lightly following flowering promotes stem branching and a future flush of flowers. Prune plants at any time they outgrow their growing space. You can safely remove up to one-third of a lantana plant’s overall size at any one pruning.
http://www.hgtv.com/outdoors/flowers-and-plants/lantana-care-growing-and-pruning-lantana
Maybe if it wasn't so big and straggly, you'd like it better? :unsure: While I trust HGTV's advice on how much you can prune, I still recommend you start a thread. (I don't know much about lantana, I would want advice on how to prune it! (y) )

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
(I don't know much about lantana, I would want advice on how to prune it! (y) )
I have been growing Lantana for a number of years. It grows as a weed here but also in people's gardens. When it gets to big, or strops making flowers, i just whack it down to size. Then i give it some composted sheep poop, water it. They respond well to a little bit of fertilizer from time to time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I have no idea what they are, except pretty.

I do not see the color, but the outline of the plant reminds me of a Erythronium dens-canis. The beginning of flowering. :)

What do you feed her @Larisa?

Every week I use a plastic tank with warm water to put my orchids there for irrigation. I pre-add fertilizers to this water. 1 week - special fertilizer for orchids, 2 week - manure in granules. I take fertilizers in a smaller quantity than recommended in the instructions, but every week. Orchids grow and blossom well! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
The Senecio confusus, Mexican Flame Vine (Pseudogynoxys chenopodioides) is beginning its climb up the arch once again after being seriously cut back for a transplant. This year it is planted between the 2 ladders of the arch so it can grow up each side. I thought i had lost it in the transplant and i was happy and relieved when it decided to grow, and now it is starting to burst into bloom. I wish i could send the fragrance.:)
P1020598.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
The Senecio confusus, Mexican Flame Vine (Pseudogynoxys chenopodioides) is beginning its climb up the arch once again after being seriously cut back for a transplant. This year it is planted between the 2 ladders of the arch so it can grow up each side. I thought i had lost it in the transplant and i was happy and relieved when it decided to grow, and now it is starting to burst into bloom. I wish i could send the fragrance.:)
View attachment 18865
Stunning Beverly. It must be a spectacular sight en masse.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Stunning Beverly. It must be a spectacular sight en masse.
It has only reached 3 rungs on the right side and 2 rungs on the left. It started forming buds before it made it to the first rung. So even at just 3 rungs, it is impressive for its size. In the past it has climbed with foliage only and the blossoms were mostly at the top. Maybe the time of year makes the difference, i am not sure, but i sure would like to see blossoms top to bottom and hopefully falling through the 2 open rungs at the very top. No telling and it is not giving up any secrets:rolleyes: It is next door to the Plumbago:)

Ask a Question