What's looking good in April 2017

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I'm a duffer. maybe I'll say succulent instead or is it a cactus? Your 1500's coin is amazing Zigs.
My tiny tulips! And then there were three. (y)

View attachment 18429
Sweet little flowers MaryMary and I love the metal bird hiding in amongst the foliage. Cute easter avatar.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@MaryMary congratulations on your tulips...Mother Nature has a way of compensating for lost daffodils:)
I hope she has something else in mind, then! :( Some of them are missing as well. Maybe they are just late? I haven't noticed any of the neighbors having red tulips yet. :unsure:

Sweet little flowers MaryMary and I love the metal bird hiding in amongst the foliage. Cute easter avatar.
I call your plant a Christmas cactus, and it is beautiful!!

Thank you - the metal bird and the little plastic fence hidden in the foliage are part of what I call "The Cat Crap Deterrent System" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My Easter avatar is Little Man, and he is a cat of many hats! :love: Since he is looking good, I will go ahead and post a picture of him, because this one will be gone next month.
He has a Cinco de Mayo hat, you know. :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

0327161339a.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
This Plumbago is coming back after a serious pruning. It was quite large and the leaf-cutter ants had been eating it (not as an army thank heavens, only a very few individuals) and the spider mites have been whooping it up under all the foliage. It was growing down to the ground and giving cover to the ants and whatnot. So, i cut it back and pruned it so it would be growing high enough off the ground for me to see what was going on under there. I added DE at the base, cut off the spider mites infected leaves and here it is ready to give it another go. This plant lives to bloom, just starting now once again. The leaf-cutter ants left to eat the salvia instead, passing the Senecio, Dichondra, and Murraya on the way. I treated the salvia leaves with Neem and it appears the cutter ants have left the garden for the time being:)
P1020591.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I couldn't resist Little Man and just commented on him in a totally unrelated post. I'm sure i couldn't get my Polly, Pollyanna or unfortunately Pissy Polly :confused:for a while but now perfectly trained thank heavens:)(y) so now Perfect Polly, to sit still for a photo shoot like that.
rps20170407_060725.jpg
loves a cubby

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
@DeborahJane nice to hear from you. How is your autumn going. Your plant whether a succulent, cactus, or zygote is a great bloomer(y)
I'm waiting for the autumn colours to kick in MaryMary. We have had an unusually warm and humid autumn so far so that maybe the hold up. I'll be sure to share them

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
This Plumbago is coming back after a serious pruning. It was quite large and the leaf-cutter ants had been eating it (not as an army thank heavens, only a very few individuals) and the spider mites have been whooping it up under all the foliage. It was growing down to the ground and giving cover to the ants and whatnot. So, i cut it back and pruned it so it would be growing high enough off the ground for me to see what was going on under there. I added DE at the base, cut off the spider mites infected leaves and here it is ready to give it another go. This plant lives to bloom, just starting now once again. The leaf-cutter ants left to eat the salvia instead, passing the Senecio, Dichondra, and Murraya on the way. I treated the salvia leaves with Neem and it appears the cutter ants have left the garden for the time being:)
View attachment 18622
I love plumbago Beverly. There is a home I pass fairly regularly which has a light terracotta rendered double sided entrance to their driveway and has a large plumbago plant in front of each side. The blue against the terracotta is stunning and is out again now. I don't need to go that way but I may must have to.;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Larisa the Cattleya is lovely. I wish we could send fragrances. This flower does look to me like it has a rather big nose in the middle of its face :) but it is still looking good for April. How long is it expected to bloom?

@DeborahJane It is a pleasure to make Perfect Polly's acquaintance, she is lucky to live in such a lovely place. I'll bet your plants are enjoying your warm humid autumn.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I couldn't resist Little Man and just commented on him in a totally unrelated post. I'm sure i couldn't get my Polly, Pollyanna or unfortunately Pissy Polly :confused:for a while but now perfectly trained thank heavens:)(y) so now Perfect Polly, to sit still for a photo shoot like that.
You and your tangents, @DeborahJane!! :p :) I had to read that twice to understand you were saying the part I bolded!! :ROFLMAO:

Little Man is the most lovable (and patient!) cat I have ever seen! :love: He won't do that for treats, he does it for love. :love: As far as he's concerned, it's all affection. I am paying him attention, and he gets cooed at, so he sits still, and waits. I know animals are not people, but still, I think he knows what the camera is. Or maybe he has just learned to sit still when I point it at him!! :rolleyes:

He did not like the frog hat. :( (I can't blame him. It was too small.)

the spider mites have been whooping it up under all the foliage.
The plumbago is beautiful, and I am sorry it was infested, but your phrasing cracked me up! :ROFLMAO:

@Larisa, the Cattleya is beautiful! :love: It must smell good, if it grew a nose to smell itself. :)

Ask a Question