What's eating my fiddle leaf fig

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My fiddle leaf fig has grown a few leaves in the last few weeks but they all have come out like this. What is eating the leaves? I've given the plant a good wash under the shower.
PXL_20230401_191225390.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hmm. I have a european pear tree this is happening to as they are just now leafing out. Damage looks just like that. Cant figure out what is eating them. It did have a fungus gnat invasion (took care of that with dish soap). I did also see a brown wasp on a leaf but didn't see it chewing. I guess he was the culprit. Do they just eat the leaves because there is nothing else this time of year or something?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you everyone. The plant is always indoors and I can't see anything visible. It's only the new leaves which are like this. Whatever it is, is not eaten the older leaves.

I'm now thinking of chopping off the top of the plant and see if that helps. It's a bit sad because it is growing new leaves very frequently but they all come out like the picture :(

Ask a Question