What popped in my garden?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm a garden dummie.

Last week this plants grew in my garden, or at least I realized last week...
The thing is that I supose that they are weeds and I should remove them. Could somebody confirm it? What are they?

I realice that it's a level 1 gardener question.

IMG_7727.jpegIMG_7728.jpeg

Thank you!🌿

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You’ve got Daffodils!!
Really?!?!?

English is not my first language so I didn't knew what "daffodils" meant, but when i googled it I was shocked!!!!

I just moved to this house, do you think that they grew spontaneously or the previous renter planted them?

(OMG I was going to remove them:eek:) Thank you so much.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep. Looks like daffodils. We call them Easter flowers. Haven't noticed them here yet but haven't really looked.

Some people here plant them but they can spread into the wild which is where I generally see them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mine are a little bit behind yours, but Bath is a nice place for a garden. Not every type can do it, but the tougher ones naturalise in grass, soon there will be wild ones coming into bloom in Wales. It may not have been the last tenant that planted them, once there the bulbs will split so there is always a new generation coming.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Narcissus is the Latin or botanical name for what are commonly referred to as daffodils.
Yes, it is the botanical group, but I usually call the common or garden yellow varieties daffodils. Things like 'pheasant eye' with the white petals and small, bright centre. or other different looking ones I call narcissi, I think that's quite common in the non-botanical world.

Ask a Question