What plant would you not grow?

Reaction score
I have no interest in growing a cactus. That is one plant that just sticks out to me when someone says "Do you NOT want to grow this?"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Don't come to Texas, you might accidentally sit on one. I can guarantee it won't be boring:cry:
Are you saying this from your own experience?:p Lol, this must be so painful! I'm strating to think that cacti are not only not very pretty, but also dangerous;)

Reaction score
If you are talking about the veggie garden it would be chili peppers. I hate hot/spicy foods. Though some of them are very pretty as ornamental plants. General garden plants, english ivy. Hate the stuff, it's so invasive and destructive. I cringe every time I see it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Annageckos, my parents hate English Ivy too. Half of our house was covered with it when I was a child, I still remember it very clearly. In my opinion it was absolutely gorgeous:) It can destroy a wall though:cry: It's funny that such a delicate plant is so strong and grows so fast.

Reaction score
I was thinking pico de gallo would be so much better with Italian parsley instead of cilantro ;) I don't think I've ever had BBQ Mexican style.

Actually that's a great suggestion! My future mother in law hates cilantro, and was thinking if using parley would be a good idea. To me the thought of someone not liking cilantro is really odd, cilantro tastes great! But oh well... she surely has her own reasons for that!

Reaction score
A plant I'd never grow would surely be a weed :p There is no plant I'd not like to grow! I love growing things, specially ornamental plants, and hopefully soon II will be able to give edibles a try! Never been the type of person who grows edibles, but very soon I might!

Reaction score
Rice. It's too much work and too much effort. I have seen farmers do their work in the rice fields and I do not envy them. Sure, it will be cool to do what they do, but I don't think I can reconcile the amount of work to plant and harvest it with the few sacks of rice I can get after. I shall leave those for the "professionals".

Reaction score
Back when I was in my 30's I had a run in with a passion fruit vine. It turned out to be very invasive. I could not get rid of the thing. It took over parts of my back yard. The sad thing is that our climate was not warm enough to ripen the fruit so I never got to experience passion fruit even though it had taken over my yard. (n)

Reaction score
I wouldn't try to grow cucumbers again because the leaves and vines took up a lot of space in the tiny yard I had at the time. Cucumbers are cheap at the store so it's not really worth the space or trouble to me.

Reaction score
You may not eat brussel sprouts, but the 'real' ones from the farmer's markets are so much better than store bought. I'm not a big fan of them either, so I would never grow them either, they are gassy. However, the greens part of brussel sprouts is DIVINELY good. It's kind of like a collard green but way more tastier. I have to laugh at myself because I would could grow brussel sprouts just for the greens part and not know what to do with the rest, lol.

To answer the question, I would never grow any of the fruits I don't like enough to have bunches of since a garden makes so much. Cantaloupes, watermelon, for me are pretty much when the mood strikes.
I have heard that the Brussels sprouts are better at the market, I worked at an organic farm so I know that they do look better. Still, they were forced upon me for a long time so I just cannot walk the nasty Brussels sprouts road.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I would not grow any large melons or pumpkins. They are too big for my space and they are very cheap at the store when they are in season. I have no practical use for a pumpkin other than for a couple of pies throughout the year.

Reaction score
I do not think that I would want to plant a cacti either. But I do not have a problem with cilantro.

Ask a Question