What music are you listening to?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
No one is ahead of their time because information is it's own dimension and we are were instances of energy and information.

I've a cassette of the Boswell Sisters I've had for decades.
That is my favourite track.

They were the inspiration for the Andrews Sisters.

Of them, my wife got me to find a copy of Rum & CocaCola, on eBay for one of my jukeboxes, she heard it played in a TV detective drama. "Bugle Boy" is on the other side.
Her interest didn't last very long!

Paul Anka reminds me of the last holiday I had with my parents at Hastings before I left home at 19. Everywhere I went with a girl I met down there his hit records was playing, I've always liked the tune, so much so "I spent five minutes," learning to play it on my "leccy piano."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've probably posted this version of "Put Your Head on My Shoulder," before.
It's most of the reed and brass sections musicians of the Sant Andreau Jazz Band singing backing vocals on a bit of vintage pop for a change.
Young Carla Motis with the guitar solo.

What follows is a tribute to the band's most well known performer, Andrea Motis, over the last fourteen years.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Swopping channels before the football tonight I came across an old Top of the Pops and they showed the classic Rod Stewart "Maggie May" performance, where the Disc Jockey John Peel "mimes" the madolin solo at the end. I remembered I could play it, (after a fashion) including Ron Wood's guitar solo and the mandolin at the end, swopping between three settings as I played.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've known this recording since my early teenage years.
I've always admired Les Paul and liked this version of the tune.

I noticed a copy on eBay a week or so ago, so on a whim I bought it.
99p plus postage. It's near mint!

It's destined for one of my jukeboxes
P1010376.JPG

Just have to print off the title strip I typed out on jukebox owners' free site and downloaded as a pdf.

P1010377.JPG

Here's the record if you don't know it.

Job done! It's joined another nine "classics" with x 30 50/60s pop, 30 x 70/80s pop and 10 Doo-Wop.

P1010378.JPG

Of course putting a new record in, requires taking one out first. In this case Louis Prima's Buona Sera has joined other out of favour singles in my "retro-record rack," in a cupboard in our front room.

P1010380.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I'm watching the film Colombiana on Film 4 which I've seen at least twice before.
I've just noticed this John Martyn recording as the background music to one scene. I've always liked it.

Ask a Question