What music are you listening to?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Recorded a 2018 film "Greta" off the TV last night, I will probably not watch it, but I was surprised by the tune used in the opening credits as it was written in the thirties or very early forties.

I couldn't recognise the singer.

Here's a couple of versions I do know. I'm not normally a fan of key changes in songs, but this is OK.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
On one of the music messageboards I read and to which I occasionally subscribe, some members save recordings of radio shows from decades ago.

Judy Garland on the radio just before Wizard of Oz was released.

You have to fast forward through a lot of talk from the maker of the video and between Bob Hope and Bing Crosby before you hear her.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought this and thought I'd have a little listen
16606475571397408301551207105928.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Giving my jukebox wallboxes a "run out" this morning and played this.

I've always been impressed by the two young backing singers, (the "N" Sisters about whom I can find no more infoermation) who are "pitch perfect," the song progresses with more of their inclusion and becomes like two simultaneous songs with the same chord structure. It's a jazz practice where you get a "question and answer" interpretation.

Sad that she died so young.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Giving my jukebox wallboxes a "run out" this morning and played this.

I've always been impressed by the two young backing singers, (the "N" Sisters about whom I can find no more infoermation) who are "pitch perfect," the song progresses with more of their inclusion and becomes like two simultaneous songs with the same chord structure. It's a jazz practice where you get a "question and answer" interpretation.

Sad that she died so young.
Are you talking about Natalie Cole or the backing singers.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I made that clear, I'm talking about the backing singers, "The "N" Singers" who are featured on several tracks of that album.
Ok i thought that i would ask but no can't find anything about the backing singers. Natalie Cole was 65 years old, she wasn't that young to die, that's a good age.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Ok i thought that i would ask but no can't find anything about the backing singers. Natalie Cole was 65 years old, she wasn't that young to die, that's a good age.

Not really, people are living longer, a good example is Tina Turner is eighty-three, retired now but was stll prancing around on stage at seventy.

Natalie however, had a lot of medical issues in her later life.

Ask a Question