What kind of winter squash is this?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you @MaryMary. :) This current one is an Oystercatcher, my favourite sea bird.

If you're interested you can find various recipes for stuffed marrow on the internet.

@headfullofbees, they are giants! I'm glad I haven't got to fill one of those. :D
Usually courgettes grow into marrows, but sunlight eventually cures the skin until it's so tough, the courgette can't grow any more.
It is a measure of a poor summer when they grow that big.

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 26499 View attachment 26501 is a vine and the rine is hard. I reside in Northeastern PA
My mom use to grow tons of these. They grew so easy for her, and they would go nuts. Of course, she always had a green thumb. She would bring me literally buckets of them and I would try to turn them all into a good Zucchini bread as fast as I could for the family. Everyone liked it. So, like others are saying they are zucchini. My mom likes to eat them with butter, salt and pepper after boiling them until they are soft. A bit stronger tasting than yellow squash but same taste.

Ask a Question