What kind of snake is this?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all. Have an unexpected visitor in one of my raised beds today. Anyone know what kind of snake this is?

0519201508.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I don't know, but if you have twitter, be sure to ask David Steen. His twitter handle is @AlongsideWild.
He ID's snakes for people endlessly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Some kind of rat snake by the markings on his back. Hope you didn't hurt him but he looks terminally ill.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Some kind of rat snake by the markings on his back. Hope you didn't hurt him but he looks terminally ill.
Thanks! He got himself caught in one of the nets around my raised beds, wanted to make sure he wasn't venomous before I cut him free.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks! He got himself caught in one of the nets around my raised beds, wanted to make sure he wasn't venomous before I cut him free.
A large Blue Indigo killed himself when he tried to crawl through some chicken wire last year so don't feel too bad.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
My nets catch snakes. I hate when it happens. I cut away a Coachwhip not too long ago. I‘ve tried not to pile up the nets, that seems to be where they get caught. I like snakes.

Ask a Question