What is wrong with my roses? need some advice

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
The red one i planted this season. when i opened the hole i added composite and perlite to improve drainage. I see that its not doing well. Never asked any info about the rose and its desease-resistance. i bought it from a farm, there was nobody that had this knowledge.

Is this a good idea for clay soil? is there any better way to improve my clay soil for planting?

***thanks to all for all the advice.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well,
forget manure, wont be using it.

The white/yellow rose i think will be replaced at the end of this season. I dont see any way of fixing it. Its the Soil. I think you are right. I have a clay soil.

The red one i planted this season. when i opened the hole i added composite and perlite to improve drainage. I see that its not doing well. Never asked any info about the rose and its desease-resistance. i bought it from a farm, there was nobody that had this knowledge.

This is the main reason why i started learning about propagation with cuttings. I have a couple of roses that are thriving in my soil, so i am trying to make new plants out of those. I watch and read everything i can find about cuttings. So far i fail miserably with severe rot.
will continue experimenting...
Friend most grand flora or other specialty roses are two plants grafted together. Most are grafted to the native fast easy growing rootstock to assure the plants grow well in the local area that the roots are from. When you buy one of those pretty roses you are buying two roses in one. So if you take a cutting off the top you will not get the same plant because of the graft. Rose cuttings can be very difficult and that's why they are grafted to native stock.

Ask a Question