What is this it os eating my leaves on my mint plant.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Screenshot_20230723_001751_Gallery.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Definitely not a stink bug or squash bug. I've never noticed a weevil here so not sure on that one.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Brown marmorated stink bugs. I just call them Stink bugs.

They are more shield shaped the pattern on their backs and small heads:

4411.jpg

Weevils don't have the shield pattern and have long snouts:

black-vine-weevil.jpg

I've no idea what kind of weevil the op has, there are so many different kinds. But my money is on it being a weevil of some kind.

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's an arthropod of the above ground type. I have seen them around but don't know their name. I would keep it and observe. It's probably a predator that also eats plants when there's no prey.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's an arthropod of the above ground type. I have seen them around but don't know their name. I would keep it and observe. It's probably a predator that also eats plants when there's no prey.
Doesn't arthropod cover just about every creepy crawlers? Lol

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It looks like a weevil but its got no snout. It's a beetle of some sort. Look up Coleoptera - Cucujoidea.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Its a weevil, If that's not a snout I'm Peter Pan lol. I'd bet the farm it's a weevil.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Its a weevil, If that's not a snout I'm Peter Pan lol. I'd bet the farm it's a weevil.
You think the antennae are coming off the snout. I thought the head had the antennae. Give me more time there are 400,000 different types of beetle. Lol.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You think the antennae are coming off the snout. I thought the head had the antennae. Give me more time there are 400,000 different types of beetle. Lol.

I look forward to seeing one of those 400k types that looks just like the op pic and the one I posted that isn't a weevil lol.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's a weevil. Maybe Otiorhynchus. A vine weevil with elbowed antennae. That probably narrows it down a bit. ....and you're right that is a snout. I'm still not sure how big this weevil is. We've got small ones - an inch long max that live in the ground.

Ask a Question