What does your garden look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Went out to photograph a Tiger Swallowtail. By the time I got out there, it had left. Had a hummingbird, though. They're often seen the section of my native garden that I created for hummingbirds. Here you can see it drinking from scarlet bee balm and blue giant hyssop.

IMG_1427 copy.jpg

IMG_1429 copy.jpg

IMG_1445 copy.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Even if we grew that flower, we would have NO hummingbirds! Life is so unfair. I don't have one lake and you guys have a bundle. Moana is here!:eek:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That's cool as hell! I've never grown a hyssop I'm going to have to look into those

It's a great pollinator plant. Bees, flies, and butterflies like it, too. It's pretty easy to grow and self-seeds well. Check out Prairie Moon Nursery's website if you're interested in getting seeds. They sell just about every popular native specie.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer, how tall do the cardinal flowers get? They're beautiful! :) (y)

About four feet. I've heard they can be difficult, which is why I've always avoided buying one, even though I've wanted it for years. Decided to try it this year and we'll see if I can keep this specie around in future years. The hummingbirds love it, and they're also the only pollinator of it. Both Cardinal Flower and Scarlet Bee Balm have been great for the hummers this year.

I am lost for words ( at last:LOL:) your pics are so brilliant @JBtheExplorer (y)(y)(y)

I appreciate it! :)

Ask a Question