What does your garden look like ... Today?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Nice Harvest, @DirtMechanic !

I love the bit when the tidy insect is flying toward the flower. How could you manage to stand so still? Or was it tripod?

Here a few of mine

Agapanthus Alba totally open, more or less!
SAM_1049.JPG

Yellow Tanz Echinacea
SAM_1056.JPG

Can't wait to collect the seeds.

Echinacea the whole family

SAM_1051.JPG

SAM_1052.JPG

Nicotiana - tiny flower but packed with details
SAM_1050.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Whey hey! They are sooooooooo nice. Stunning photos. You lot have me glued to my seat.

What is the first one and this one please

dscf4957-jpg.41173

Please store seeds for me for these two. Why does the last one look like a marigold? Now I must switched off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks....different camera, its a real faff to post them though...have to transfer them first from my camera on to my laptop. That was why I never posted many pics when I first join the forum, tablet is so much easier..instant in fact, but lacks colour quality.....this one is a tad better I think ,but not the standard of yours and @JBtheExplorer 's:(

Now your asking ME!!.......I was going to ask YOU to id them!!:p:ROFLMAO:

If I can save them long enough to get seeds.....then they are yours @alp(y)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks....different camera, its a real faff to post them though...have to transfer them first from my camera on to my laptop. That was why I never posted many pics when I first join the forum, tablet is so much easier..instant in fact, but lacks colour quality.....this one is a tad better I think ,but not the standard of yours and @JBtheExplorer 's:(

I've noticed that, too. :cautious: The pictures I take with my phone seem clearer, and more true to color.

Same flower, same day -

Tablet:

IMG_20180712_131052.jpg

Phone:

0712181310a.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Please stick to your camera, @Upsy Daisy ! Soooooo much better even though it's a bit of a hassle! Quite true, @MaryMary ! Phone is better. Very blurred with the tablet. People were saying that tablets like those marketed by Amazon took good pics. I wouldn't be able to do anything with a tablet.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@DirtMechanic Something is wrong with your courgettes. If I were you, I would remove the yellowed zucchinni plant altogether. Seems to be under some sort of fungal attack.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Speaking of spreading the word...

I was asked today if I'd like to be featured in a potential news story about the native gardening movement, where me and my native garden would be featured. I'd love to, but there's no way I could do it! I carry a ridiculous amount of anxiety with me at all times, but even more so when the focus is on me. Plus, I'm terrible at putting thoughts together to make a single meaningful sentence, let alone an entire interview.

I'm entirely flattered to be asked, though.
Oh you should do it. If I have learned anything about TV spots it is that they will be edited and polished to fit the thesis of the story, which is usually less about the person interviewed than one might think at first.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh you should do it. If I have learned anything about TV spots it is that they will be edited and polished to fit the thesis of the story, which is usually less about the person interviewed than one might think at first.

Oh, I'm well aware of that. The problem is, I don't want the handful of sentences I say be "Garden good. Pollinators good. Garden do good thing for pollinator." :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Oh, I'm well aware of that. The problem is, I don't want the handful of sentences I say be "Garden good. Pollinators good. Garden do good thing for pollinator." :ROFLMAO:
But if you do not, who then will? But to be fair, I have no problem communicating basic ideas to tjose who play Fortnite all day off their couch.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This Cabbage white has been in my rain garden all day.
IMG_0798 copy.jpg

Monarch
IMG_0832 copy.jpg

Bee on Blue Giant Hyssop. This is one that I grew from seed in Spring. Very happy with how quick they grow!
IMG_0812 copy.jpg

Rattlesnake Master is close to blooming.
IMG_0848 copy.jpg

Side Oats Grama started blooming today. I think I'll be adding more of this native grass specie!
IMG_0851 copy.jpg

and... a new garden! I'm fairly certain that this garden will have about 5 or 6 species of prairie plants. I'll be seeding it this autumn.
IMG_0854 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
This Cabbage white has been in my rain garden all day.
View attachment 41454

Monarch
View attachment 41457

Bee on Blue Giant Hyssop. This is one that I grew from seed in Spring. Very happy with how quick they grow!
View attachment 41455

Rattlesnake Master is close to blooming.
View attachment 41459

Side Oats Grama started blooming today. I think I'll be adding more of this native grass specie!
View attachment 41458

and... a new garden! I'm fairly certain that this garden will have about 5 or 6 species of prairie plants. I'll be seeding it this autumn.
View attachment 41456

I am typing on my tv screen and just want so say "WOW!" those pictures sure are bold and beautiful on a big screen! I was missing a lot on my phone screen.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I am typing on my tv screen and just want so say "WOW!" those pictures sure are bold and beautiful on a big screen! I was missing a lot on my phone screen.

DM: If you watch them in MacBook Pro, it's another ball game altogether. I especially love the Side oats .. Very pretty. How come American butterflies are so still, I have to run with camera to chase the hyperactive ones here in Essex!:LOL:

Ask a Question