What does your garden look like ... Today?

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
gb
So many apples - really loved the apple juice we bought in Wisley! Lovely garden and soooo big!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
us
We had heavy rain throughout the night. Over 2" of rain. Whenever we have multiple inches of rain, my native garden turns into a pond and stream for 12 to 24 hours. I like it. It changes the scenery a bit, and I've been planting more wetland species or wet-tolerant species to better emulate the natural habitat. The only problem is my woodchip path all floats away every time it floods.
I'm thinking about adding a small boardwalk pathway instead.

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
gb
I so love your photos and your camera! Is there a higher pixel amount one please? Glorious details ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
us
Cool mailbox!

I've seen too many of my neighbors' mailboxes destroyed to put such a nice one out.
Thank You. We live at the end of a dead end street but even then things can happen. I asked my Becky to use some of her gourd art wood burning skills on the to liven it up. Any excuse to use my post hole digger really.

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
gb
Who's in the avatar please? Is that you, DM? Or a beekeeper next door!

Don't you just want to have an artist in the house - such a glorious piece of artwork - Fab!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
gb
Do you know I thought @DirtMechanic had changed his avatar!!!!
Could very well be him in beekeeper mode......or maybe preparing to go on a space adventure:D. Hope he posts some pics if he goes :)(y)

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
gb
If you want a clematis, please get 3 evergreen ones on an obelisk - you don't really want your old and brown clematis branches to greet the postman. It's so nice to have letter box at a height postmen can reach. Some letter boxes are next to the ground. Very vicious - these people should go around one day working as a postman!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
us
Who's in the avatar please? Is that you, DM? Or a beekeeper next door!

Don't you just want to have an artist in the house - such a glorious piece of artwork - Fab!
The avatar is actually @vette-kid who is so allergic to poison ivy he dressed this way to fight it off. I borrowed his picture from his post for a while:ROFLMAO:(y)

What do mean please when you say obelisk? I am afraid my Atlantic translation service must be down right now.

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
gb
The avatar is actually @vette-kid who is so allergic to poison ivy he dressed this way to fight it off. I borrowed his picture from his post for a while:ROFLMAO:(y)

What do mean please when you say obelisk? I am afraid my Atlantic translation service must be down right now.
Whoa! Poison ivy is serious business.

Should have said garden obelisk

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
gb
Transatlantic communication in order now!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
us
Bought a few pumpkins for decoration. The past few years I had been growing them, but the plants refused to grow this year. It's worth noting that I put in almost no effort, so I'm not too surprised that I didn't get any. Maybe next year.

IMG_2885 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
us
Bought a few pumpkins for decoration. The past few years I had been growing them, but the plants refused to grow this year. It's worth noting that I put in almost no effort, so I'm not too surprised that I didn't get any. Maybe next year.

View attachment 46046
I can remember a time when my dating life could have been described in a similiar fashion.

Ask a Question