What does your garden look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Why is that blooming red rose an "unloved plant" ?? :confused:

I like it, my wife doesn't, she says red roses remind her of funerals.

It was in a pot on the patio, but it got banished to the bottom of the garden. As it's a climber, I let it grow up this unwanted bird feeder..

P1060024.JPG

But eventually she could see it from the French windows.... Well... it climbed up and did a "look at me act." So it had to be moved again. It was its own fault. I cut it down dug it up and put it in the pot it lives in now. It's very resilient.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
JB Such a joy to behold!;) Love the light and the filtered gold! ;)

Wrote the above this morning. So keen to go to the garden to return a patch to grass that I forgot to post it.

Lovely grass, @Upsy Daisy ! You should be proud of Mr Upsy Daisy!:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy: Believe it or not! I have the same bird table given to me by freewheely. A lady up the road gave it to me. How can you even think of leaving such a lovely place? Well, I can't hear the motorway.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The bird bath needs chucking as its broken and wobbly, we now have a stone one .....but it lasted for about 18yrs!!(y)

I would never WANT to leave it all @alp, but it will come to a time when we HAVE to, especially when one of us ends up on their own:cry:.

We are immuned to the distant 'hum' of the motorway.......just as my sister is to to Heathrow:D:ROFLMAO:....that I couldn't live wth:(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, dear! Your sis is going to suffer MORE! Heathrow is to expand if the proposal goes through.

None of your children wants the house!? Such a shame! Let's not go there about being on your own. I am used to it and I am now looking at houses to buy and how to sell. It's a headache, but it does help or force you to think ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh the kids love it.....we're not ' allowed ' to sell it.....we would only rent it out (y)

Ask a Question