What does your garden look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
View from the kitchen window just after sunrise this morning.

P1380829.JPG

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's an instinctive action by a male frog searching for a mate. The problem that is that with fish of this size,, by clinging on the frog can close the koi's gills and it will suffocate. It happens quite often.

:eek::eek: That's awful!! :cry: Lazy killer frogs! (n)

Thank you for the information, though! :geek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Owdboggy - it will only get better as the weather warms up. Enjoy and let things take its course. Nice open garden you have.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We had very heavy rain last night into this morning. Nearly 3" of rain fell. My native garden was flooded, and still has some standing water in it. This happens two or three times each year.

IMG_8456 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Prairie Smoke looks to be just about done blooming, but that means the "troll hair" stage is coming.
IMG_8883 copy.jpg

Wild Geranium continues to bloom. These were just moved a few weeks ago with the addition of my new rain garden. These are outside of the rain garden, along the back of my garage.
IMG_8882 copy.jpg

Eastern Red Columbine started blooming in the native garden yesterday! Wasn't sure I'd see any blooms this year, but I may have a couple plants producing flowers as long as the rabbits don't ruin the fun.
IMG_8877 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Ours doesn't look so good at the moment. Lots of fading azalea and rhodo blooms.

P1010649.JPG

P1010651.JPG

P1010654.JPG

However the drive side fence where "unloved plants," are consigned to live out their lives in not a lot of sun, isn't looking too bad.

P1010648.JPG

This bekko was near the surface of the pool, I've always liked these colours. Don't really have pet names for fisch, 'cept this one, I call him "Kipper."

P1010655.JPG

Last edited:

Ask a Question