What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
:oops: :D slipped up - I meant these - Quince :)

Membrillo - Fruit on tree.jpg

Membrillo - Fruit  close up.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You haven't slipped up, you've taught me that that's one less thing I have to worry about on a menu. It's a nightmare trying to suss out whats vegetarian when your abroad :D

Reaction score
It's being a couple of days since i haven't done any work in my garden due to heavy torrential downpours the good thing about it is everything is sprouting and looking so green...i am longing for a little bit of sunshine though.

Reaction score
I've just been repotting herbs and cleaning up the dead leaves. It's been raining heavily so no one is really outside gardening. The heavy rain is knocking all the dead leaves off of everything so I've mostly been sweeping up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've just repotted my mint and basil too. They grow so fast! Also, I watered my miniature roses. Some of them have yellow leaves already, so soon I will have to move them to the attic.
It has been a busy morning so far:)

Reaction score
In my garden today I took care of some weeds and did a bit of watering. It's been dry around here so I don't want things to die or stop growing. I try to take a day or two per week, usually on the weekends to try and do some up keep on my garden. It's hard to take care of at times, but I think the work is worth it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I installed a chicken wire fence around my veggie patch. My dog ,Bella, digs. If she sees me digging, She comes and starts trying to help. I cut up a bull panel to drive in at the bottom to keep her from digging under the chicken wire.
We've had so much rain lately that I walked into the garden and my shoe sank into the soil. Maybe I can cultivate in a couple of days.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I installed a chicken wire fence around my veggie patch. My dog ,Bella, digs. If she sees me digging, She comes and starts trying to help. I cut up a bull panel to drive in at the bottom to keep her from digging under the chicken wire.
We've had so much rain lately that I walked into the garden and my shoe sank into the soil. Maybe I can cultivate in a couple of days.
You revived a dead thread from 9 years ago :). Yeah the post before yours look it says 2014.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I took the day off n went striper fishing yesterday. Brought home about 30 pounds of striper fillets. Should last me a while. I'm going to cultivate everything in the fenced garden then make rows today.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot go out in my garden, because whenever I do the terrible delibrately noisey neighbours come out. A shame the legal height of a fence can only be 6ft. Really think law should change to 10ft at least. it could cut down on neighbouly disputes - and wouldnt really affect the light into a house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
hello? hellooo? echo echo
5:17 am ? I was sleeping! I'm in Ada, Oklahoma, not United Kingdom,

I woke up and tended to my seed plants out on the back porch. As soon as I get some good weather I'm going to put them in the ground. I have "Brandy wine tomatoes", pear tomatoes , 6 straight neck squash, 5 garlic bulbs, and acorn squash that need planting.
Now I just need to figure out how I want them laid out in the garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot go out in my garden, because whenever I do the terrible delibrately noisey neighbours come out. A shame the legal height of a fence can only be 6ft. Really think law should change to 10ft at least. it could cut down on neighbouly disputes - and wouldnt really affect the light into a house.

Even though the legal height for fencing is 6ft there is no reason why you can't add trellis to the top of it at and grow climbers.

1680205474442.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Even though the legal height for fencing is 6ft there is no reason why you can't add trellis to the top of it at and grow climbers.

View attachment 95098
I am so sorry for your situation. Have you asked them why they do that? You can file a noise complaint if talking to them doesn't help. If a noise complaint doesn't work, you can file another and another.
At any rate , get out in the garden, buy a set of ear muffs, ear plugs, etc. Do not let them keep you from doing what you legally enjoy doing.
So, the tread is ; What are you doing in your garden?

Ask a Question