What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
If the corn looks ok it should be ok. You may not get that pstem to grow, but another one should come up. Is the stem soft and mushy, or still firm?
The Base is Firm the top is Mushy But I'd expect & hope there is life in & under the Mush, Fingers Crossed. My Variegated one May have Survived Also as the Corm still feels Solid But the stem is Totalled & Gone. Fingers Crossed (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys..it's me hahaha apologies about the semester, after all it was winter here in the Uk :) and you could be excused for thinking that it still was.
I have just finished repainting the outside of the greenhouse and disinfecting the inside in readiness for this years growing season...I have Strawberries in hanging baskets so far....Tomato seeds planted and my first love a myriad of hot chilli pepper species in the incubator....These include, Scotch Bonnet, Apache, Bhut jolokia, Birds Eye, California Reaper and Prairie Fire...(Gonna need a bigger greenhouse methinks)..Anyway I cant wait to get started proper...I've immersed some of the seeds in tepid tea water overnight and laid them on wet paper towels, bagged and labeled and stored in the propagator until germination begins, then I will transpose them into small nursery pots still using the heater and artificial lighting before hardening off and eventually out to the greenhouse if and when this weather decides to warm up.....Regards C

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm good @Logan...good to see your still posting..Hows the dogs....Been a while, over winter family issues got in the way so time and priorities took precedence over the garden lol...But its that time again I suppose to whip it all back into shape starting with a fresh lick of paint here and there...Tree foliage, Laurels and Bay's have all but overgrown the "Love Seat area" (aka wine sampling enclave :) ) so I'll be chopping them back next along with a fresh layer of Plum Slate...Looking around to see what the frost has dessimated, hopefully not too much...I'm my own worst enemy and I should have brought a lot more inside....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
For sure @Logan..lol....Well today finds me in the kitchen..its raining outside again. I'm chopping some ripe Supermarket Chilli's up for seed (sml Birds Eye) cheaper way to acquire certain seeds. and I'll be wetting some paper towels in an effort to get the California Reapers and Bhut Jolokia to germinate...pics to follow..Have a great day everyone

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
This be me this morning...(still raining outside)... messing around with Chillis with my Nitrile gloves and a sharp knife :)
I prepped a few varieties and although it's a bit late hopefully I'll get something from them before the end of the season..Surprising amount of seed from the "Birds Eye" var. Wasn't expecting that. I've had larger peppers with
very little seeds

Chilli.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one @Logan ..I did likewise...Scotch Bonnet and Apache..£1.49 a pop though....(Small plants)..I was meaning seed germination..I should really have started in Feb. but hopefully I can play catchup and get something from them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @Logan...still pretty cool here and raining of course....hahaha...just the usual forecast.....I have the tomatoes in and strawberries in the greenhouse but thats all so far.....The fish in the pond are comming to the surface so it must be warming up

Ask a Question