Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Potted up some Rhubarb

DSCI0078.JPG

And put some more tomatoes and alpine strawberrys in the decimator :)

DSCI0076.JPG

Currently 44C in there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Yesterday I cut down a tree for a customer and removed weeds from one of her flower beds. Got home and watered my front lawn, watered pots and baskets, cut out the grain stocks of my Great Basin Wild Rye. They are hollow and I thought I would dry them, cut them up, and try making a bug hotel with them. Ended the day mowing my back yard.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I haven't done anything in my garden for awhile, but I'm planning and doing a lot of planting and moving around in the coming weeks. I'll be removing coneflowers along the outer edges of my garden and replacing them with plants that are shorter and less prone to tipping over into the yard. I have so many coneflowers, my garden looks like a coneflower gardening rather than a native garden, so I'll be working to multiply certain species so I get more color, particularly blues, reds, and yellows. This will more than likely be a multi-year project, so I can do things slowly and less obvious so the garden won't look "under construction".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
My last cone flower died over the winter and I notice all the cone flowers in the city park down my street didn't make it either.

Going to be hotter than a pepper sprout today so I need to water some lawn and flower beds now (sun just rising) and then get on my bike and head to river to feed birds.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Applied nematodes to my lawn to control leatherjackers. Very effective and non destructive to the environment too:)
Cut back hard, very hard, some of the many pelargoniums I grow in the conservatory. Time for them to put on foliage quickly and even flower again in a month or so. Also gave me lots of cuttings.:)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_3161.JPG
Beautiful if windy day. :)
Cut lawns, divided a large hardy geranium and started assessing what stays and what gets moved
This is one of my red heleniums, Margot. Been in flower for 6 weeks or so and more buds to come

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Also, I'm almost done with garden or yard work and letting it just go. My almost 8 month pregnant belly and crazy toddler have me EXHAUSTED and the heat!!! Ugh. Looking forward to mum shopping though!!

Yesterday I battled aphid infestations, mowed my back lawn, did some watering and peeled/cored apples for the freezer.
Today will be more apple collecting and freezing.

I also harvested my apple today. Just the one, but delicious. Like golden delicious, but much bigger. I have had that tree for 3 years and this year I have had only one fruit. So no freezer work for me.

Still have about 4 apples from my Discovery bought for £4 last year. They look tiny and sour ..

Ask a Question