What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Country
United States
74°F, warm & sunny 4 days I tilled the garden yesterday afternoon.
100_3814.JPG

100_3813.JPG

100_3812.JPG

100_3811.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
80f all the way through Monday predicted here. Loading up the fungicides, insecticides, herbicides this morning. Getting the 25 gallon sprayers out. I put them in a garden cart and wander about happily. Thats is the sign of a good hobby right?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
80f all the way through Monday predicted here. Loading up the fungicides, insecticides, herbicides this morning. Getting the 25 hallon sprayers out. I put them in a garden cart and wander about happily. Thats is the sign of a good hobby right?
Wow, 80's already down there.

Wonders how hot it will be in May when we make another trip to the Gulf?
Who knows how much gas will be then?

Might need to rent a horse and buggy....:LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
As it was a dry day, I decided to give this little bed between the tea-house and the shed a bit of a lift. The lateral wires that support the wisteria were getting a bit tired and could do with another couple of layers added.
I also decided that the few dhalias we had there were more trouble than they're worth.

P1050754.JPG

So I made a trip to Dobbies this morning and bought half a dozen hebees. I like hebees as they require little maintenance.

At £12.99 each they weren't cheap, but the quality is good and like everything they sell, if they die off over winter, they'll replace them or give you your money back.

I turned my nose up at their garden wire at £6.99 a roll, the village DIY shop sells the same stuff for £3.99.

I drilled a few holes in the concrete posts, added extra wire and replaced the rest, supporting the branches of the wisteria as I went along. Then just a case of planting out the hebees. Well not quite, in one place where I wanted a hebee to go I found a 4" thick root of one of next door's trees in the way. So I dug round it and cut a six inch piece out of it with my jigsaw. The trees are a pain, the roots have caused a bit of "heave" and raised my little wall a few inches in front of the base of the wisteria,. The root I cut out of the tree was under the second hebee, I made sure it wasn't the wisteria, (different kind of wood). I needed to dig out quite a few bluebells, which was not a bad thing. We've far too many.

I already had a hebee in the corner which is of a similar variety to four of the new ones. I had one hebee left over so I planted that in the bed on the other side of the garden near the pagoda.

Anyway, job done.

Played my jukeboxes in the tea-house for the three hours I was out there, which gave them a good "work out." They like to be used, keeps the mechanisms from "stiffening up."

P1050755.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
As it was a dry day, I decided to give this little bed between the tea-house and the shed a bit of a lift. The lateral wires that support the wisteria were getting a bit tired and could do with another couple of layers added.
I also decided that the few dhalias we had there were more trouble than they're worth.

View attachment 87924

So I made a trip to Dobbies this morning and bought half a dozen hebees. I like hebees as they require little maintenance.

At £12.99 each they weren't cheap, but the quality is good and like everything they sell, if they die off over winter, they'll replace them or give you your money back.

I turned my nose up at their garden wire at £6.99 a roll, the village DIY shop sells the same stuff for £3.99.

I drilled a few holes in the concrete posts, added extra wire and replaced the rest, supporting the branches of the wisteria as I went along. Then just a case of planting out the hebees. Well not quite, in one place where I wanted a hebee to go I found a 4" thick root of one of next door's trees in the way. So I dug round it and cut a six inch piece out of it with my jigsaw. The trees are a pain, the roots have caused a bit of "heave" and raised my little wall a few inches in front of the base of the wisteria,. The root I cut out of the tree was under the second hebee, I made sure it wasn't the wisteria, (different kind of wood). I needed to dig out quite a few bluebells, which was not a bad thing. We've far too many.

I already had a hebee in the corner which is of a similar variety to four of the new ones. I had one hebee left over so I planted that in the bed on the other side of the garden near the pagoda.

Anyway, job done.

Played my jukeboxes in the tea-house for the three hours I was out there, which gave them a good "work out." They like to be used, keeps the mechanisms from "stiffening up."

View attachment 87925
It looks fantastic.

Reaction score
Country
United States

View attachment 87924

Anyway, job done.

View attachment 87925
Nothing like tunes and gardening:cool:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On Wednesday I tripped and fell face first in the garden. It drove the lense of my glasses into my eye and I have spent the last few days visiting hospitals until they removed the eye yesterday. Afraid this is going to put me behind this Spring.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh my god, I'm so sorry. What a dreadful thing to happen. I can only hope you are not in pain and that you will soon be able to function with as little impairment as possible.

Ask a Question