What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Two thirds of the way through winter but managed a bit of gardening. Trimmed some of tbe hydrangeas this afternoon after the rain. I must get out again tomorrow and do the rest. One was quite black, frost bitten but nearby ones had quite green plumly new buds. I guess it's dead. I've cut it back and will leave it. I'm pretty sure I've been told that you don't trim back oakleaf hydrangeas. Can anyone confirm that please?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I got plants! I bought bromeliad, a few violets, some vince, liriope, begonia, and 2 tropicals that I can't remember the name of, and a croton. I would like to get some ivy to drape down out of some of the pots still but we are off to the races!!
2017-07-27 06.52.12.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I got plants! I bought bromeliad, a few violets, some vince, liriope, begonia, and 2 tropicals that I can't remember the name of, and a croton. I would like to get some ivy to drape down out of some of the pots still but we are off to the races!!
View attachment 24673
You have got plants tbendl;). What a lovely shopping spree. You may find a nursery on the way home from the races to but your ivy with your winnings:rolleyes:!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks @Logan. Let's see, what did I do in my garden? I drank. I got frustrated with this dagnabit room of mine so I had 3 glasses of wine, listened to Abba, and moved pots around 675,876 times.
Although it may have been 675,875.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
:D:D@tbendl I didn't do anything in garden today. It's been drizzling all day and this afternoon went to the hospital gym for the first time, for a hour, Did alright. Go again next Friday, i can start walking the dogs. But do it gradually. What is a dagnabit room?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh that will be great rehab, (the dog walking). I love the organic rehabs, the gardening and walking, I wish I could get a doctor ordered rehab like that that would require me to only work 4 days a week and rehab the other work day.
And I was referring to my blasted sunroom. Hehe

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I watered a few azaleas and Rhododendrons under a large cedar. Even though we received a nice rain yesterday, the cedar doesn't allow much rain to reach the plants underneath.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Rain has stopped long enough to spray the tomatoes and spuds against blight, had a blightwatch alert yesterday.

Fed the toms in the greenhouse.

End of July and the bowser runneth over (y)

DSCI0002 (24).JPG

Ask a Question