JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I just got done adding about 50 sq. ft. to my native garden.

I've decided that since National Pollinator Week starts tomorrow, I'm going to make my addition larger than 50 sq. ft. The areas in green are going to be the new addition. You can see the area around the shed is what I added yesterday. The green above it is what I'll be working on this week. The total will be roughly 130 sq. ft. This will likely be my final addition.

GardenBluePrint copy2017.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've just purchased 10 Chilli seeds....."Carolina Reaper"...for the pure novelty value...should be fun...It even looks a nasty piece of work :)
Although a little late to be planting Chilli seeds in the UK but I will bring them indoors later in the season (if they germinate well) and hopefully they will make good plants for next year

carolinareaperchiliseeds.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
No gardening today in my yard, except for watering pots and baskets. Today I will be trimming hedges for one customer and loading branches into the back of my truck from a tree I pruned at another's yard.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Here's the outline of my soon-to-be garden addition. it'll take a couple years to look like the garden behind it, but it'll be worth it to the wildlife that needs it. It'll also be nice to give the garden roundness. My original section is so square and unnaturally shaped. This will make it look a bit more normal.

IMG_3042 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You can powder it and use it for self defense, no really
Hahaha...yeah for sure...I can think of a few to use it on too....:)
No seriously I'm looking towards collecting seeds and Sauces for now...
and the odd bit for Bravado Friends on social evenings trying to boost their ego...Hahahaha
If all goes to plan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I havnt done much on account of rain. I did buy my weather sensor and a length of pipe to put it on. I'll be monitoring temp, humidity, dew point, rain fall, wind, lightening strikes and soil temp. Soil temp will be great for letting me know if my banana corms are in danger (and irrigation lines I guess).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Too hot to do much really. But as we have a little shade in the mornings I managed to plant out the last remaining plants that I grew from seed. It took me this long to do it because I was trying to work out what they were........still haven't a clue !!

Ask a Question