What did you do in your garden today?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We'm cleared the greenhouse of most of the plants that needed to go out. Setting out edibles and a few things that will stay in now :)

DSCF1566.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I picked weeds from the okra and cucumber mainly, put fungicide and insecticide out on the lawn, watered, ran the string trimmer. In reverse order, actually. Everything is itty bitty in the garden. Even smished an itty bitty stink bug. Except for this one big pepper its all flower cycling and setting out there now.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday mowed the front lawn, hubby usually does it but he was working. The last time i did it was this time last year, had to remember how to switch it on. :LOL:
Don't know about today everything is wet from the rain that we had late yesterday afternoon.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan; I've just planted seven Cerastium plug plants which arrived this morning through the post; if these do as well in the front garden as the ones I planted last year in the rear garden I'll be delighted; they look so tiny but suddenly they burst into life.

Hopefully the sun will be shining on you and allow you to get into your garden this afternoon Logan. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Cerastium_001.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We've not had any "serious" rain for well over a week. I've been watering the beds with the leaky hose system and the pots nightly. But I've not had the lawn sprinklers on for two days, as it was time to bring out "old faithful."

My Black & Decker "lawnraker," I bought in 1986. It wasn't expensive and is an example of how much better "appliances" were made, back then, compared with some of the stuff we've had in recent times and their catalogue of faults. Of course it doesn't get as much use as a mower, but "inactivity" as as bad for such things as too much use.

P1020843.JPG

It's seen off several lawnmowers in its time.
I gave the lawn a good scarify, I always put it on the middle setting. Now is the ideal time to do it as with the ground being only slightly damp from the dew each morning, it doesn't pull out clumps as it would if it were wet.

It doubles as a leaf collector in the Autumn on a high setting. It doesn't get that much use but I give it a clean and take the belt cover off and oil the mechanism before I put it away.
It's had a new belt in its time, but they are still available at around ten quid.

I then gave the lawn a good mow and I've turned on the sprinklers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Meadowlark, I know, I know! We had fresh green beans with new potatoes last night and enjoyed every bite. I picked about two quarts of beans, froze some, put some aside for friends, and we still have a large bag in the refrigerator. It's raining today, so I'll stay out of the gardens. Tomorrow will be squash/beans/sugar peas/turnip harvesting. Then a good dose of liniment for my back!:oops:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Haven't done much in my gardens this year. A little weeding in the less matured areas. Collected some seedlings I've been finding so I can plant them where I need them. I also planted my Mexican Sunflower seeds.

I've been hoping to buy a few native grasses but the garden center I go to still doesn't have their native plants in, for some reason.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Colin, yes I got out this afternoon and trimmed the edge of the lawn. Had a new blueberry arrive this afternoon to replace one that had died for some reason. Watered the plants in the greenhouse and some of the plug plants that I've grown, soon be time to plant them out.

Ask a Question