Greenhouse is filling up nicely
DSCF1288.JPG
:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Mowed the front lawn, then took my garden vac to pieces to give it a clean.

I bought it in eBay three years ago, it was just over £30. it's quite powerful for a cheap bit of kit, 2600w.

s-l1600.jpg

I think it's brilliant. Extremely well made. Lots of screws to remove, (at least you can get into it). It gets a build up of compacted soil around the inlet, outlet and impeller, which reduces its efficiency after many months of use, But it's easy to remove and it's "right as ninepence" again.
As it's going to be dry for a few days, tomorrow I'm going to give the drive a go with "Wet n' Forget."

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Not me but the man who does the work I can't.

Making the turning area of my drive wider so it's easier to back the car out of the garage.

View attachment 50998

A trellis to disguise the back of my shed from the road - it will have climbers eventually. The area between the two will be slabbed for bins etc.
View attachment 50999

The drive is finished with four tons of chippings to finish and top dress the rest.

IMG_4711.JPG

IMG_4712.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm in cleanup mode. Removing winter weeds and debris from storms. Putting up the stuff I had stashed for safety when Hurricane Florence came through. Pulling up plants that didn't survive the winter. I can't really plant until mid-April. Plus, we've had so much rain over the last few months that my garden is soup. So I am also spending a lot of time making sure plants are rotting or coming up from the dirt turn over.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Redid the hanging basket with more polkadot plants and fresh impatiens, these should spread and fill it out pretty quickly...I hope!

IMG_20190327_162535154.jpg

Worked the soil in the raised bed and put in some peppers and tomatoes. Had to work it carefully as I already have onions, carrots, melon, cucumber and squash going. But the main area is open. Plan is to pull everything and better organize my layout in the fall before winter crop goes in. I got carried away with the onions for some reason this year! I also got some potatoes going on the bags. Aderondack blue, Yukon gold and sweet. I'm going to do anther bag of sweets when my seed potatoes show up in a few weeks. Also expecting starters for more peppers and tomatoes from Burpee. Well see how that works out!

IMG_20190326_120025632_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190326_120009512_HDR.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
med
Country
United States
I thought I'd start a new thread that can be continuously updated by everyone any day of the year. We have people on the forum from all around the world, so there is always somebody doing something with their garden. I think it would be nice to check in and see what our members have done. So whether you've been busy today or busy three months from today, here's the question... What did you do in your garden today?

I spent today preparing my vegetable garden. I had tons of weeds to pull. There's some kind of invasive grass that pops up in there, along with creeping charlie, so I pulled as much as I could find. I can start planting in about four weeks, so it's nice to have it all ready for the season! If I remember right, peas seeds can be planted before the average last frost date, so I might plant them soon. As some of you may know, growing fruits and vegetables is only a small hobby for me. I'm not into it as much as other forum members. I grow peas for my pond fish, as well as couple of tomato plants, pumpkins for decoration, strawberries, a blueberry bush, and a peach tree. I'm also trying lettuce this year. Tomorrow, I may add a few native plants to the outside edges of my vegetable garden so it looks a little more showy throughout the season.
I worked in my flower beds there are a couple of dogs that run lose so they decided to play in my flower beds so I put the bricks back in place and sat up my angel figurine looked to see what was coming up tuplis are up in one of my flower beds going to put my lights out and buy some new ones that I found. any ideal how to keep dogs out I heard about prickly plants so I'm looking in to that

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A bit of progress at last; I'm now building a low retaining wall from old stone I had kicking around; gaps are being left open at the joints on the bottom course to allow any water behind the wall to discharge without causing damage; I'm making it up as I go along because the stones are all shapes and sizes; the mortar is 4 parts sharp sand 1 part Portland cement; ideally I'd have liked to use a lime mortar.

It was frosty when I started this morning but it's turned into a gorgeous day; I hope to complete the main wall after dinner and tomorrow the shorter wall. Once the new hut is built the wall will mostly be hidden from view but I want the wall to look decent. Our neighbours cat Soots has kept me company and I've enjoyed this morning.

Kind regards, Colin.

Stone wall_001.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
med
Country
United States
very nice i can't wait until i see it finished mine is not that nice it's just around my trees and we use to have a seller right out side the kitchen door it's gone now there was also a well that had been filled in years a go, well it started to settle and i was woried that someone could get hurt so i turned it in to a flower bed all so it's getting ready for a make over because there are a couple of dogs that like to play over here and they have kind of tore it up i'm getting a rose bush and going to put it in their. I'll take some pics and show you mine. It's been raining here all morning so i wont get anything done today. you have a nice day

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've been working on fixing my pond. Voles chewed holes in both of my hoses. I moved a bunch of rocks that were hiding one of the hoses and replaced it, as you can see here, but there's a second hose that goes under my waterfall and into my bog that still needs to be fixed. It might require me to take the rest of my waterfall apart to access it. I'm hoping that isn't the case, but I'm expecting it probably will be.

IMG_8652 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That's to bad hope you get if fixed

I'm just glad it's the hoses that were leaking and not the liner. It scared me when I went outside the first night after I started the pump and the pond water had dropped three inches.

Ask a Question