Country
United States
Oh I have tears

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
That looks rather distressing. Have you sorted it?

We're lucky, although we're not far from the River Mersey, we're actuually in the valley, our village has never flooded. Further up the river, one of the several golf courses gets very flooded, as the River Authority open the the floodgates if the river gets too high. It's a legal requirement for the course to be flooded in those conditions.
Our house is built on former farmland, which is quite sandy, alluvial soil from the river, so actually drains well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lots of smowdrops around the garden here too. Had to be a tad careful when mulching around them but the black compost contrasts well with them. Lots of colour right now.....hellebores, wallflowers, dwarf iris, even pelargoniums outside still in flower. Edgeworthia Chrysantha is taking its time to fully flower.....half open since September.
Yet another border finished and veg patch half done now :) I will keep grabbing the compost whilst I can and I will soon be storing some for use in the spring and summer

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
My wife a serial on-line shopper, ordered a couple of these peanut butter bird feeders. The glass jar just slides in.

It comes with a short loop of chain attached to two lugs at the top.
Didn't think our birds would fancy it swinging about. So I made it more secure and out of reach of the squirrel.

I put it up this morning on one of the pergola support posts, supported by a cup hook and steadied with a bit of garden wire.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Actually got started on the small front garden this morning. Cut the grass, cleared out loads of dead stuff so we`ll see all the new shoots, a bit of edging around a couple of beds...and it's beginning to look a bit more lively. The compost heap is now so huge that we're having to build yet another bonfire ...we like bonfires

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apart from picking up more compost and mulching with it early this morning, I have not been in the garden. A wet spell around noon but now sunny and bright here. Stormy weather to come later though :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing "exciting" as such, but I did move a Butler Sink nearer to my (newly installed) back door, which should align with my newly installed tap!
In addition, I have been busy finding, and eradicating, any sycamore seedlings I have come across (an annual bane!)

Ask a Question